Ben started the new year off with a trip to Hawaii, training in Illinois, and is back on the road. Rhone has been
keeping busy with swimming lessons, playing in a tiny skiff of snow, and
other random activities. We spent about 10 min in the freezing cold
for my friend to snap a few 3 year old pictures of Rhone. We lost his
lightening mcqueen car in the process. Ben was a good sport and put on
his wader, but we didn't quite manage to rescue the car. We've also
started getting ready for little tater baby. One friend gave me a
whole bunch of hand me downs, so I've been sorting through them and another friend helped me make a baby quilt. We put
together her dresser and painted the crib. Rhone loves helping anytime
there are tools involved. Just before Thanksgiving we got new carpet
installed and new furniture from Lovesac. I spent today cleaning up the
house so we could take pictures to post it for sale, so I thought I'd
include one with the carpet and couch. The couch is completely modular
and can be arranged tons of different ways. Speaking of moving, Ben has
a tentative new assignment to Beale Air Force Base in Northern
California. We were pretty surprised, but now that we aren't so
shocked, we are getting excited about getting back to the West and
hopefully Ben will like flying a new plane.
 |
| Painting the driveway with a new birthday toy |
 |
| One night we put ivory soap in the microwave to expand it. Then we played with it like "snow". |
 |
| New furniture and carpet |
 |
| Our little 3 year old monster! |
 |
| Trying to find the car in the freezing water. |
 |
| Enjoying a tiny bit of snow. |
 |
| On the first day of swimming lessons, Rhone wouldn't get in without Ben, but he goes all by himself now and is loving it. |
 |
| Assembling "little sis-ers" dresser from Ikea. |
 |
| Painting the crib with mom. Hopefully there will be some after pictures of the baby room soon. |
4 comments:
Lets hope he is just as helpful after the baby comes -- or maybe not. lol Well you will be closer to home come plane rides, and that should make a big difference with two kids. Too bad Cole won't have family "close" by anymore. And even more too bad it wasn't Colorado!
I'm excited to have you on the west coast. It's much closer. I also feel bad for Cole though. He's really enjoyed having you back there it think. Rhone is getting so big. Kaleigh asks about him all the time. She misses him and Oli.
I can't belive what I heard. You do now I am only 2 hours from Sacramento which If I do know that isn't to far from were you'll be. So this means we will a short drive from each other comparid to a day or two. So I totally think we should meet up some time. Keep me updated.
I hope everything goes well for you and that Ben likes his new plane.
Post a Comment