We tried our bests to make Rhone's birthday a special day, Ben even took leave so he would be home to celebrate. Rhone specifically asked for a "ka-chow and buzz" cake, so we tried to use both Cars and Toy Story party gear. Pancakes are Rhone's favorite breakfast, so he got to help me make green alien ones. Then it was off to school. While Rhone was at school we picked up a few things and I finished the cake that he helped me make the night before. We headed to Chuck E Cheese for pizza and games for lunch. After a short nap, we opened presents and then met one of Rhone's friends at Chick Fil-A for dinner. He always eats well there and loves playing there too, especially with Ella. Then back to our house for cake and icecream and finished the night web caming with family to open the rest of his presents. Whew, it was one busy day!
The next day Rhone got to head to the store to pick out a toy to buy with the money his grandmas/grandpas had sent. That night we had a little party for him. We let him pick 4 of his little boy friends to come and play at an indoor playground. By the time we threw their brother's into the mix, we had a pretty energetic and fun crowd. He really liked talking about his "party" and had lots of fun running around. A big thanks to everyone who called and sent gifts and cards! We sure love this little man. He keeps us on our toes and certainly keeps us entertained too. We are so blessed to have him in our family. Happy 3rd birthday Rhone!
| Look close to see the Toy Story alien on the plate. I thought they turned out pretty adorable. |
| Opening presents. |
| Rhone and Ella with his Ka-chow and Buzz cake. There is even a Buzz hot wheels car and RC. I thought I was pretty creative to pull it all together. After the picture they were driving the cars through the cake. It was pretty messy and funny. |
| Family Picture |
| Blowing out his candles. |
| Modeling his new birthday robe. Doesn't he look so grown up. I love it. |
| Picking out his toys to buy with his birthday money. It's an imaginext set from Toy Story 3. He has been playing with it for months at Target and was pretty excited to bring it home. |
| Indoor playground at Xbos. |
| All the boys eating pizza and just being silly in general. |
| Cheesing it up with his cupcakes. |
| He was pretty upset we made him stop for a photo. |
| Showing off his skills with his new birthday scooter. |
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Rhone!!! I cannot believe how fast time flies! What a fun day, that indoor playground is awesome, I would give anything to have that around here. We just try to make do with Mcdonalds play place :) I loved reading all your holiday posts, looks like a great time had by all!
I love the pictures. He is so cute. You are creative. Love the cake too. I am so glad he had a good day!!!
too cute....we are gonna miss this little guy, especially Tyson will!Happy 3!
Wow! Stellar cake!!!! What an awesome mom you are, looks like he had the best day a 3 year old little buddy can have!
You totally earned the "mom of the year" award! That cake is awesome! And that sounds like the most fun birthday!
It's crazy Rhone is 3 already! I love the cheese smile picture. He is such a cute boy!
I love the cake, and your new couch looks awesome. I can't believe how big he looks. It seems like the grow up a lot from 2.5 to 4. It is amazing. Hang in there Meag. I'm excited for the new little tater. You could call her Tatum. A girl I rodeoed with had that name. ;-)
for the record I know he's not four, but watch him this next year and it is amazing the milestones they reach.
Post a Comment