We love America. We had such a busy, busy 4th of July weekend. I competed in a mini biathalon. We went camping, watched the parade, made patriotic treats, barbequed with friends, and watched the fireworks. Whew we were tired, but we sure had fun. Maybe next year we'll be together with Ben.
I picked up a few things so Rhone and Olin could make "sparklers" together. Two little boys doing a project is a whole lot messier than just one, but it sure was fun. They couldn't get enough of dumping and shaking sprinkles.
Rhone dipping his pretzel in the chocolate.
Olin enjoying his sparkler.
Rhone showing us their finished work.
One of my high school friends is now the cross country coach at the high school. So I thought it would be fun support their biathlon fundraiser. I didn't do amazing, but for the amount of training I did, I was happy with my results. It was a 1.5 mile run and a 7 mile bike.
The parade wasn't as good this year as it has been in the past, but Rhone had fun and got plenty of candy.
\
2 comments:
The last picture is pretty cute. I guess when he was tired, he was tired. I am sure glad you guys enjoyed your time home. Bet you excited to be home again soon. Sure will miss you!
So impressed that you did the biathalon! How was it? How many weeks did you train??
Post a Comment