Friday, July 22, 2011

On the Farm




Rhone loves all things outdoors, especially helping Papa with chores and being on the farm. He knows the routine for checking the chicks, feeding the dogs and watering the garden. Once I asked him if he was ready for dinner and he told me, "Too busy, mom. I working hard with Papa." We were cutting the hay when I was home so Rhone got to spend a lot of time in the swather and raking hay with Papa. The last night we were home Rhone managed to get tractor rides from 2 of our family friends, John and Cary.


Rhone showing me how he and Papa check on the birds and their feed.
Rhone and Papa on some of the hay from North Canyon Raking the hay behind Papa's house. My mom and I picked up to take him to the Cars2 movie. He was devastated to leave the tractor. One morning we went with my dad to fix some broken farm equipment. Its impressive to see my dad at work and how his mind can solve problems and improve designs. John even paid Rhone a dollar for his work that day. We brought it home and it's still on the fridge Rhone and Olin being boys together Rhone is showing me his new work gloves. They are the real deal leather. He was quite excited and kept saying, "Jus like Papa's" Rhone after his tractor ride with John. Rhone after his tractor ride with Cary. He got to ride pretty far with Cary. It's fun seeing him grown up and willing to go places without his mom.

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

That is just awesome. I love that he gets right out there and helps. What a good little boy you have.

Kristanne said...

Rhone certainly loves working with his papa. It was really good seeing you all. Guess I'll miss your visit in September. Hope you have a good time!