Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winterthur

Rhone and I were blessed to meet up with Cole over the long weekend. It's always nice to see Cole, but it was especially nice to spend a little bit of the holiday weekend with family. We met up in Delaware on part of the old DuPont mansion. The home is called Winterthur. It is quite the interesting home and the property it sits on is really beautiful. We saw the house decorated for Christmas, which was a nice festive touch. Rhone did amazingly well on the 1.5 hour no touch/no talking tour (but I totally forgot to take pictures of the house). The funnest part about the trip was that everyone assumed we were a family. Of course, it was much easier to play along than to explain to strangers the actual family dynamics. I am so sad that I didn't ask anyone to take a family picture. Rhone loved playing in the "Enchanted Forest" so we might have to take Ben back in the spring.

The reflecting pond

Rhone and Cole in the "please touch" room. We all needed this break after the tour :)

The back of the house

The tree house in the Enchanted Forest

Rhone was falling asleep on our way home, so we stopped at Trader Joe's for a few things. Rhone was in heaven with his own shopping cart. We did end up with a few items I hadn't intended on purchasing- like strawberry soy yogurt- yum! I know it's a terrible picture but he was so thrilled!

While Ben was gone I had a few friends over for a little ladies night. We worked on muffin tin advent calendars. It was fun to just be together even though most of us finished the night with only half done calendars. I think we all managed to get them ready for Dec. 1 and that's the important thing.

Amy is hard at work with the circut.

My calendar showing you the treats inside. I am still planning and drilling holes and hanging it with ribbon and spray painting the tin red. I wish I would have made all the numbers red because they stand out a lot more, but there's always next time right.

4 comments:

Christensen family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I want to make an advent calendar.

Kristanne said...

I would love to meet up with Cole, but the distance is just too great. We would have loved to have you at the Rockettes, they were good too. We miss you guys. Will Ben make it home for your Birthday?

Jake and Liz said...

Too Cute! This time it was your turn to do crafts, not Rhone's.

Amanda said...

Very cute calendar! AND, I want to just steal that darling little boy in the high chair in the background of the second to last picture. SUCH a cute baby!!!!!!