Sunday, November 28, 2010

No Turkey Day



Our Thanksgiving did not go anything like we anticipated, but that doesn't make us any less grateful for our blessing. Right now our little family is grateful that November is almost over. It has been a month filled with separation and illness. We are looking forward to December! We spent Wed night at a cabin enjoying nature and good company. Our Thanksgiving meal was thrown together pretty last minute, but it still turned out tasty. There wasn't time for the turkey to defrost, so it's still in the freezer, but I heard that the rolls, pumpkins bars, and pie were a hit with Ben's crew.

In front of our cabin.

Roasting dinner

Rhone and his friend Travis showing me their sticks (the flash made everybody close their eyes)

Our family

Relaxing around the campfire (well as relaxed as parents can be with 4 little boys and fire).

Rhone was a huge help with a the meal prep, we did this on Wed. He likes scooping, dumping, and I like practicing counting.


He knows how to work the mixer too, but he was a little disappointed when the discovered it was potatoes, not frosting.

Not a great picture, but it's the best one we have with Ben in it.


We worked on a foam ginger bread house while we waited on the food. It has been disassembled and reassembled many times since this photo. This is Rhone's "CHEESE" smile.

Just because I think he's handsome

7 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

I think he is handsome too! What a fun Thanksgiving... getting to spend it just the 3 of you. I love spending time with family around the holidays, but sometimes I wish things weren't always so busy and there wasn't always someplace to go. Maybe we'll get to see you guys around the holidays! :)

Kristanne said...

Sorry Ben had to fly out Thanksgiving night. Hope he is home for Christmas. We sure love you and miss you guys. Hope you have a great birthday next week, and hopefully Ben will be back.

Dave said...

Was it a last-minute trip? I'm so sorry he had to go. Angela spent Thanksgiving up in Boston with some friends. I think Angela would agree, but we're already looking forward to the post-AF life, hopefully much slower and much more together...

Christensen family said...

I love the little man in his little suit and tie. I didn't know you guys had a cabin how fun is that.

Angela said...

I do agree with Dave. I'm sorry I never wrote back about the visit. Dave is deployed again so I'm thinking that I can go visit sometime and maybe stay overnight. We'll spend most of Dec in UT but January is going to be a looong month so a trip to see you guys would be perfect! What do you think?
Rhon is so handsome and adorable. That last picture is so cute!!

Christy said...

Fire roasted Thanksgiving dinner, sounds great to me. Wishing you a relaxing relaxing month to come, if that is possible playing single parent.

The Greenacres said...

So cute!Does he hate his tie too? Wyatt just asked, "is that my friend?" I said uh huh and he said, "a far far away friend." At least we can still be friends. Anyway that is a fun gingerbread house.