Friday, December 10, 2010

December is here

December came fast this year. We are trying our best to get into the festive spirit. Today there are even a few tiny snow flakes. Ben has come and gone a few times- it's getting hard to keep track already this month. I have been busy putting on young women in excellence and we've all been getting ready for Christmas.

Rhone opening his day 1 of his German advent calendar. Secretly Ben and I hope he will forget a day so we can sneak the yummy chocolate.

A few decorations for young women in excellence. This picture really doesn't do it justice, but it's the only one I have. Our theme was, "What heaven sees in you". So we kept everything white with a little silver and gold.

Our church had a Christmas party complete with a visit from Santa. Rhone wasn't very impressed, but the candy cane sure seemed to warm him up.

Looking for the perfect tree. We only had a few minutes before Ben had to head out on a mission.

We went back a few days later to cut it and bring it home.


Rhone putting his special "baby's 1st Christmas" ornament on the tree. It's the only one he put on. He wasn't that impressed with tree trimming.

Family picture by the finished tree

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Your tree is very cute, and I wish I would have been able to see your Young Womens decor before we did our Evening of Excellence, we were sort of having a hard time coming up with ideas. Hope you guys are having a happy holiday season. I hope Ben gets to be home for a long stretch over Christmas!

Kristanne said...

You need to post some of your Birthday. We sure miss you guys. Rhone is as cute as ever.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, a kinder chocolate calendar!? I grew up on kinder AND chocolate advent calendars, but never the two as ONE!!! Holy cow. Did Ben bring that back??

Christensen family said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I love your tree. I also love the Advent calendar I hear you on wanting some of that chocolate.

The Greenacres said...

What a good looking tree. I've always wanted to actually go get one with my little family, it makes it so much more meaningful I think. Anyway it looks great and I love that happiness window behind you. Miss you.