Sunday, December 26, 2010

a Christmas Eve trip to the mall!

This year I did something I have NEVER done before. We went to the mall on Christmas Eve. Sounds like madness huh, but it really wasn't. Ever since I was a little girl we always went to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for a Christmas Eve party (Rhone calls it Ro Rose house). We play the wildest, funnest, meanest, and sometimes even scandalous game of white elephant. I was feeling sad that we are missing out on the fun and I wanted Rhone to get to do something special on Christmas Eve. So we headed to Build a Bear World in the mall bright and early. We were the only people in the store! Rhone got to pick out and help make a new stuffed animal. It really was a great way to start our Christmas Eve.

Rhone picked out a dog

Then he picked out a cute little heart and gave it to the lady to put inside his new dog. She filled him up with stuffing. Rhone wasn't sure about the noise.

Then Rhone picked out a football to go with his new dog.

Ben and Rhone typed up a birth certificate and named the dog Peyton (he does have a football). Rhone calls him Peyt.
Peyton is already getting welcomed into the family.
Peyton got put in his house so Rhone could take him home.

We stopped at the ride on the way out of the mall and even put money in it to make it go.

Per Rhone's request mom and dad also got on the ride. All 3 of us fit perfect. It was Christmas Eve and those are the silly things we do to make days special for our little ones.








4 comments:

Christensen family said...

You are just an awesome mom that's all I have to say.

Kristanne said...

How fun. Shawn always shops on the 24th. He says it really isn't that busy. Everyone is done by that time. Glad you enjoyed Christmas eve. We missed you guys!

Amanda said...

Really cute idea. . . I bet he loved it. I would have never thought of that. . .you're such a good mom.

Darren and Stephanie said...

Hope you had a merry Christmas and happy Birthday!