Saturday, October 30, 2010

around here

We try to stay busy around here when Ben is gone. Nothing too exciting, just everyday things that keep us going. One of my favorite things was playing in the puddles with Rhone. We had a big rain storm and tons of puddle. Rhone and I wandered out early in the morning with boots on. Of course, by the end Rhone was laying in the puddles, so it didn't matter that he was wearing boots. It was an hour of watching delight on Rhone's face as we splashed, kicked, jumped, and threw mud. Moments like that make me absolutely love being a mom and grateful that I get to stay with Rhone during the day and share these experiences with him.

Rhone helping make his great-great grandma's home made noodles. It was messy, but so much fun to carry on the family tradition. I loved going to Grandma Pete's house for noodles. She had special bowls that we only ate the chicken noodle soup out of.

Making puffy paint ghosts.

Facinated with the goo on his hands.

Rhone checking out his new boots. I didn't take my camera down to the big puddle. It was too wet, so I missed out on the best pictures.

Rinsing off after the wet muddy mess. He was still having so much fun.

While I was mowing the lawn Rhone found a pile of dirt on the sidewalk and proceeded to make "dust angels". This picture really doesn't do the dirty factor justice.

Still more Halloween coming.

4 comments:

Kristanne said...

He looks like he is having so much fun. You are such a good mom. What great memories!

Christensen family said...

You are awesome to take the time to do all that fun stuff with him. Looks like you guys have been haveing lots of fun

Ben said...

Thanks for the post.

Liz said...

So fun! So cute! So "little boy"! I guess these are the things I get to look forward to if I ever have sons! Our precious mom moments revolve around painting toenails, twirling, and dress-up. They probably would have enjoyed making the noodles too though. Messy can definitely be fun! You're a great mom, Rhone's gonna love ya forever!