Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Galore

It seems like Halloween went on for a long time at our house. I guess it did since we started celebrating before Ben left. I had a pumpkin party for Rhone and his friends (plus their moms are my friends). We painted pumpkins, went on a pumpkin hunt, made treat bags, played a pumpkin/ghost game, went trick or treating, and ate snacks. It was a marathon with 5 little boys. Hopefully they had fun.

Some of the boys and Tami laughing. Rhone had been saying "cupcake!" all day waiting for the party to start.
Rhone and Damon painting pumpkins.

This was the little boys favorite game. They had to make the ball land in the bucket. I made a jack o'lantern face on a orange ping pong ball and put ghosts on the white ones.

It was a feat to get this picture. At least you can see everyone's face.

Our church had a little Halloween party on Friday night. There was lots of food, trunk or treating, and an authentic Amish hay ride (I even took a picture of the Amish boys in case you are doubting me).
Rhone the train engineer (he absolutely refused to wear his monkey costume) and his friend Travis who was the cutest Nemo I have ever seen.

Just pretend Rhones eyes are open. It was a fun hay ride behind the 2 huge horses.

We didn't hit too many trunks, but Rhone was really impressed with the flying bat at this one.

Rhone and Travis could have sat in there all night just enjoying their candy together.

On Saturday night the base held trick or treating and they had a little festival too. Rhone and his friend Tyson hit a few doors then we headed down to the festival. There was a bounce house, orange cotton candy, a hay ride behind a tractor, and even a horse ride- all for free. It was a hit!


I am a cowgirl- pretty easy costume huh. We are accompanied by Bart and Marge. Tami looks great, don't ya think? Just pretend our eyes are open again.

At their very first door.

Playing while the adults hand out candy.

Rhone and me

Hay ride on base.

Horse ride on base.

On Halloween day Rhone and I made sugar cookies. We decorated them in front of the web cam while talking to Ben. There were sprinkles were everywhere, including in the keyboard. My friend Amy invited us over for dinner. She made pumpkin bread bowls that were so adorable. I gave the boys one last "treat"- a glowing swords. The amazing part was that no one really got hurt.

Rhone and Tommy with their pumpkin bread.

The boys fighting I mean playing with their swords.

Doesn't he look really fierce with that sword. I have no idea where he came up with this, but it was funny.



Decorating our cookies. We made pumpkins, planes, and trains (he was an engineer).

We saved our "great pumpkin" cookie in the freezer for Ben. Maybe one year he and Rhone will get to be together for Halloween festivities, in the mean time, we are extremely grateful for good friends to celebrate with!

8 comments:

Nicole Beeton said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Rhone is such a little cutie! I feel so bad I wasnt able to see you when you were in malad. Things were a little crazier than I thought they would be. Next time you are down I am for sure going to see you!! I miss you!

Kristanne said...

Love the pictures. Glad you had a good time, even if Ben was out of town. Rhone certainly seemed to enjoy it.

Christensen family said...

Looks like you know how to celebrate the holiday. Looks like alot of fun.

Ben said...

Maybe next year

Dani said...

What a fun time! It's so fun to see how you guys are doing!

Angela said...

You guys take Halloween seriously! =) How fun!
Dave wasn't here for Halloween either so I am too soooo grateful for friends!
Speaking of friends...Dave is in town. Can we visit you this weekend or the next one?

Rachel said...

Wow! You guys know how to party! Looks like a lot of fun, I love the pictures. Rhone is pretty dang cute.

Darren and Stephanie said...

I remember you being a cowgirl for your first date with Ben so that you could have a cute costume oh so many years ago. I'm glad you guys had a great halloween.