Sunday, September 12, 2010

NYC get-a-way!

On our anniversary Ben surprised me with a 2 day New York City get-a-way. His parents were kind enough to watch Rhone during their visit, so we could hit the city. We took the train in from New Jersey. We saw an amazing exhibit called "Dead or Alive" in the Museum of Art and Design. All of the artwork contained objects that were from once living things, such as feathers, bones, seeds, ect. I think Ben even enjoyed it. Plus we got in free because we are military, how nice of them. We strolled around Central Park and down Broadway before getting dinner on the top floor of the museum at the restaurant Robert. The view was amazing and the food was good! We could see up Broadway and all of Central Park. Too bad we left the camera in our checked bag.

After dinner we headed for Times Square and then to the Broadway play "Wicked". It was a great show. The 2 leads did an excellent job. We stayed in Queens with a view of the New York skyline. The next morning we did a little shopping in Times square where we got Rhone a t-shirt for a whole $2.50. It was the steal of the trip. We really enjoyed everything we did, getting around is just a little hectic at times. I couldn't believe how light we can travel without Rhone. Just 1 backpack for the whole 2 days. It was nice to be light and carefree for a little bit.

I made us miss the train. It took Ben a while to cheer back up.

Stained glass window in the stairwell of the the Museum of Art and Design.

Ben in Central Park.
At the Broadway show "Wicked". Our seats were great.

A taste of the scenery from the show.

The Queens Bridge taken from our hotel balcony.

The view from our balcony in daylight.

Together in Times Square.

Rhone sporting his I {heart} NY shirt and eating some of his special made blue and green M&M's from the store at Times Square.

3 comments:

Kristanne said...

Glad you had a great time. Wicked is one show I would love to see. Makae loves the music too.

Angela said...

I love visiting NYC! It's so fun! I'm so glad you had a good time. We usually do one or two things when we go because we go with the kids. I bet it's nice being in the city without a diaper bag! =)

Christensen family said...

I love NYC. That is awsome you got to go.