We have had a few days that were a little cooler and started feeling like fall. Unfortunately today is not one of those days- it's supposed to be 95*! We have done a few fun things here and there in the last little bit. Ben and I went on a date with some friends to the Melting Pot. It was nice to have a relaxing meal filled with good conversation. The best part was definitely the dessert, it was so YUMMY.
We also had a little mushroom scare with Rhone. I was pretty positive he didn't actually eat the mushroom, he just had brown spores ALL over him. I knew that there was no way poison control would be able to ID the mushroom over the phone so after some frantic research I decided not to take Rhone to the ER. I did not want them to induce vomiting, if there was not need. So after waiting it out an hour and a simple questioning call to poison control, we decided Rhone was fine and no other measures were needed. There is never a dull moment with that little monster around.
Rhone has made a few fall projects. I just got a new book called First Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos. So we are trying to approach some projects a little differently now, which is also making them messier. It's worth it to watch Rhone's mind at work as he discovers what he likes and doesn't like. We have been able to take the kayak out on our first river experience. We decided not to do a shuttle so we had to paddle against the current to get back to the truck, but was do able thanks to the rudder and we had a good time. We also had some friends over to roast marshmallows and make s'mores.
Friday, September 24, 2010
a hint of fall
Posted by meagan at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are an amazing mother. I never do this kind of stuff with Connor because I assumed it was more "girly" and he wouldn't be interested in anything like it. You and Rhone definitely proved me wrong though! I'm guessing the paint you use with Rhone is washable... ;) Now that Haylie is kindergarden, Connor gets so bored and I am constantly trying to think of things to keep him busy. I'll have to check out the links you have listed! Thanks Meagan!
You have too much energy ;> Course it makes a difference if there is one or 4. Looks like he is having a great time.
Ok you need to live closer to me so we can do this fun projects with you. You always come up with the cutest things. And thanks for sharing.
fun stuff! Wyatt is really getting into painting, not with water color but the tempera, I guess just because it is messier. Anyway cute projects, I did pumpkin stamping, just cut a mini pumpkin in half, they turn out pretty cute, but the kids wanted to cover the whole paper which diminished the effect. I hope you are enjoying your fall!
Love the pics and thanks again for sharing that website. I've used it for Liesel's joyschool group.
Post a Comment