We have been a busy bunch since my last post. Ben came home the night of memorial day and Jenna came in the following Wed. Sad to say the are both already gone, but we had a great time while they were here, even if it was just for a little bit.
Jenna is a friend from good ole University of Idaho. She hadn't been to the east coast before, so we hit up a lot of the sites. This made for lots of traveling and some busy days. Luckily my little Rhone is an amazing trooper and the traffic gods smiled upon me too. I was able to parallel park in downtown DC on the 1st try- not too shabby for a girl from a town without any stop lights.
We took Jenna to beautiful Rehoboth beach. One of Delaware's finest. Rhone was pretty silly with the umbrella- he would learn from side to side.
We visited the historical homes in Odessa, DE. They were beautiful and very interesting. Since most of the owners were Quakers, they were much simpler than the homes I saw in MS.
A whole new meaning to king of the throne.
Also in Delaware, the visit to the C-5. Here's my little Rhone inside the cargo area.
We also took a little trip to Annapolis Maryland. Home of the United States Naval Acadamy and a half way meeting point so we could visit with Ben's sister and husband before they move. Annapolis is quite the cute little town, I would like to explore it some more.
Stephen, Terri, and us. We are sad to see them leave the east coast. They are some of the few family we had around.
A trip to the east coast wouldn't be complete without a visit to our nation's capitol. We hit the monuments, Arlington National cemetery, the museum of natural history and the museum of American history- all in the same day. Can you say exhausted?
Hello porcupine- in the museum of natural history.
To finish up the trip we headed to Philly for a little more American history. Oh, and of course cheese steaks.
We drove to south Philly for the real authentic cheese steak experience, cheese whiz and all. We got one steak from Geno's and one steak from Pat's. They have quite the rival going on.
In the side by side taste test, Jenna and I both agree, we're Pat's girls. Rhone warmed up to "enna" pretty quickly.
Despite all the crazy traveling we enjoyed a little quite time with our Ben too. Feeding the ducks is quite an adventure- they sure are brave. We also got to open presents from Ben's last trip. Rhone got a cool wooden cow toy from Germany and I got Belgium chocolate straight from the square in Brussels. We sure are lucky to have him. We are hoping our dad/hubby makes it home from this trip in time to celebrate the 4th of July with us.
6 comments:
I love the pictures of Rhone. He is so dang cute. We sure miss you guys. Next time Ben leaves - come visit - extended visit - pretend you in the military!!! ;>
Looks like a lot of fun, and now I think you and Rhone may need a big long nap. Doesn't it seem we always need a vacation from our vacations? Rhone is such a handsome little guy, and a great trooper to hang in there through all that sight seeing!
I have to say... this post gave me chills. Not because of your sight seeing ;) but because of your single mom-ness. I have admired you so much since you guys moved East because Ben is gone so much, but not until this post did it really hit me how greedy I am. You are a brave and admirable woman Meagan! It's blatantly obvious the love you have for your husband, just by what you write. I love reading about your family!
Wow, sounds like you had quite a fun week. I have to agree w/ Cassi, I am so spoiled to have my husband w/ me all the time. I think at times I am also selfish. I have never had to go more than 2 days w/o my husband, and they were the longest 2 days ever. I even have my mom right here to keep me company. I admire you and all the mothers who have their husbands in the military, you truly are an amazing woman!
Meag you and your whole family are troopers. I think about you all the time. You are such a great mom and wife. I agree with Cassi too. She took my thoughts and put them into perfect words. You are amazing.
Great picture of the flag. I love that photo!
The second pic of Rhone in the garden looks like an antique picture, I absolutely LOVE the soft colors and Rhone in the perfect place. SUCh fun travels, I love to see all the fun stuff you do.
Post a Comment