Sunday, May 30, 2010

loved and lost




We live too far away to visit the the resting places of those we've loved and lost along the way. I bought some flowers for them anyway. Tomorrow I'm excited to tell Rhone about his great-great grandma and grandpa. We sure are grateful for our family and those who have sacrificed for us and our country.

We are keeping busy while Ben is way. Everyday we manage to come up with a few fun things to do and to get us outta the house. Here's a few of them.

How does your garden grow? Mine grows despite all of Rhone's attention and help. We are excited for our 1st tomatoes of the season.

A walk to the pond to feed the geese. After we ran out of bread to toss their way, we gathered rocks to throw in just for fun. I love the delight Rhone gets out of the simplest things.

I have to admit seeing this cute little family of geese makes me happy too.

Friday night I had some gals from base over whose husbands are gone too. There were 5 moms an 6 kids all under the age of 18 mo. Considering that, it was pretty mellow and fun. A girls gotta make it feel like Friday one way or another.

5 comments:

Kristanne said...

You do so many fun things with Rhone. You will have great memories of this time. Hopefully he will too. We will miss you at the weenie roast. We love you!

Brandon & Tiff said...

You are so cute. I wish we lived close. I did that same thing yesterday. We fed the ducks, ran from the seagulls, then threw rocks in. Alli demanded.."Mama! More please" Until I couldn't find anymore. Isn't it the funnest age. Way to go with your garden too. I've loved all these posts lately. I need to get posting on my blog too.

Amanda said...

Aw, Megs, so sweet to have wives over! I'm so glad that you initiated, sometimes people just wait for someone else to do it and nothing ever happens!

Liz said...

What a pretty set-up for your party! Good for you putting together that fun night. I know it's a bit of a sacrifice having that many little ones in your home. I'm sure it was a fun time though, and good for everyone involved to be together and surrounded by friends, when they all needed it most!

The Greenacres said...

I love that you remember every holiday and celebrate it in some way.
I know about loosing entire plants. Wyatt pulled up an entire tomatoe plant the first year and it was almost 18" tall, I was more than a little upset.
Glad your staying busy hope to see you soon. Headed down south here soon maybe I'll see ya?

Katie