Monday, June 14, 2010

Flag Day Fun

(picture taken by me in the Maryland State Capitol, which also served as our nations capitol for a short time)


Today is the birthday of the adoption of the United States flag. We celebrated with our friends by painting a flag, reading a book, parading to "It's a Grand Old Flag", and eating an oh so cute flag treat.

Let the painting begin.

What a beautiful flag. It's amazing what a little masking tape can do.

Having a snack with Tommy- too cute.

Our flag treats were graham crackers with vanilla frosting and licorice for the red stripes and mini blue m and m's for the stars. They were so cute. Thanks for having us Amy!

You may wonder why I am posting all of these pictures. For our dad (and you too), so he can see what we're up to.

4 comments:

Kristanne said...

I am glad you post them. I love them!!!

Jake and Liz said...

Hey, I was just looking for a cute snack for Girl Scouts tomorrow. Thanks!

Once again you amaze me with you enthusiasm for your family and friends.

I love the last picture. It's fun to see what a softy Ben is for his little boy. Tender!

I hope the next few weeks go by quick for you. I don't know how you do it but I applaud you for how well you deal with Ben being gone so often.
Love ya!

Christensen family said...

Oh you guys always have so much fun. I'll update my blog soon I have lots to put up. Its just been crazy with the move but things are finally settling. Miss you guys

Amanda said...

oh so cute . . . you are SUCH a great mom.