Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nana came and we took LOTs of pictures

My mom came to visit over her spring break. My sophomore year of college my mom and I came to the east coast together. So it was fun being here together 5 years later. We absolutely LOVED having her. We had a few days of bad weather, but we were still able to get out and enjoy some of the east coast. I guess she will just have to come back to enjoy the rest of it.

PHILADELPHIA

After we picked my mom up from the airport, we drove into downtown Philly to try and avoid rush hour traffic. We had dinner at Jones and saw some of the historical sites like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

Dinner at Jones in downtown Philadelphia.

In front of Independence Hall.

WASHINGTON, DC

Since we only had 1 day to spend in the city, my mom picked a few things she hadn't seen before. We visited Mount Vernon, Arlington National Cemetery, and the Cherry Blossoms (which took us right past most of the monumonts).

Waiting in line to see the inside of Mount Vernon.

In the gardens at Mount Vernon.

Arlington National Cemetery. It is a beautiful place, but but thinking of all those who lost their lives fighting and the love ones they left behind, makes me feel sick.

The Cherry Tree Blossoms were beautiful and smelled nice too.

DELAWARE

My mom's brother, Cole, was nice enough to drive down from New Jersey to spend some time with us. After dinner and visiting we meet Ben at work (on a Saturday) where he showed us around a C-5. On a rainy day we did some shopping at the Rehoboth Beach Outlets. We toured historic Dover, visited the Agricultural museum, walked through the Biggs Art Museum. We worked on our garden box, visited the beach, celebrated Easter, and wished Ben safe flying as he left on a mission. All in less than a week- we were busy.

Yep, he found the steering wheel that runs the nose gear.




This silver is from the USS Delaware and dates back before WWI. It was gorgeous. Notice how Rhone does museums? Just about as good as his dad did the art museum. :)

Nana and Rhone at the Ag Museum.

Shoveling the soil into our garden box.

There's nothing like toes in the sand.


6 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW--y'all crammed it in--all in a week!?! Looked so fun, I haven't gotten to see any of that stuff, so the pictures were great.

I liked the wrap-around shirt you were wearing in one of the middle pics.

Also, was Rhone eating dirt in the last pic?! Please tell me that was chocolate pudding? I love little boys . . .

Kristanne said...

Love the dirt eating picture. He'll grow good now. It was so fun having you home and we really enjoyed seeing you both. We miss you already!!

Dani said...

Looks like lots of fun. I was going to comment on the dirt-eating thing too. :D So cute!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad that you get to see so much of your mom even though you live on the East side. :) Rhone is getting SO big!! And so cute! I think he needs a little sister.... ;)

The Greenacres said...

So much fun to have visitors, I might just have to ditch the kids and come visit. Too bad I'd have to sell the horse to pay for it. The funny thing is I still might have to.

Jake and Liz said...

Love your blogging. You've been a busy little family!!!