My mom has this picture framed at her house on a little side table. I never really liked it and wondered why she had it framed. It is so casual, and we aren't really looking at the camera. When I was home I saw it this time and looked closer. Now I love this picture. It was taken right after we graduated from college (Ben in outdoor recreation and me in soil and land resources). We had been married for 2 years. Don't we just look like 2 hippies in love. I miss those simple days. If I thought chanting "make love, not war" would really keep Ben home, I might start.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
make love, not war
Posted by meagan at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I like that picture too. Oh the carefree days.
I love that pic! That picture really tells a story.
Awe... what nostalgia does to us. Sighs. It really is a nice picture - and I like your description of it. Two hippies in love. HA! Adorable. He looks good scruffy. :)
I can imagine what you mean too - wish he could be home more for you, but you are so strong to understand. Shelli and I actually have talked about that - she is completely dead set against marrying into military because she doesn't think she's strong enough to handle that separation. You are truly a very strong person and we thank you for your sacrifices - as others in the country do too.
What a nice picture. Wonder who took it???!! ;> IT was fun, and at granny's house for a cookout. We haven't seen Ben in Forever - give him our love.
It's a great picture! I sure wish we lived closer to keep each other company. Hopefully we'll get to visit you before Dave deploys.
That picture is very much the two of you. Sorry you have to be apart so much, I painfully know how much that sucks. At least you got to be in Idaho for part of the last separation. Let me (not Erich) know next time you are headed this way, we'll have to meet up so Rhone and Jake can hang.
I can't believe how much it has changed out there since we were out that way. The cherry blossoms look so pretty. Hope you had a fabulous time with your mom.
The pic is awesome! If being a hippie brought you guys more happiness I would convert also.
Post a Comment