Monday, February 22, 2010

and then he came home

After a month on the road Ben is back. We are glad to have him. We celebrated Valentines (sort of) when he got back. He got me a wii fit and I got him this fire piston (wanna know what that is? click here). I also whipped up a mini trifle-ish dessert to use up the rest of the pudding from finger painting. It was yummy.

We took a trip to the beach, where Rhone ran around and played until we were freezing. We also took a trip to Philly to meet Cole and David for lunch at Jones and hit a few historical sites. We loved meeting David and had a great visit with them.


Valentine's Delight Snow at the beach. It was snowing while we were there too.
Rhone is going to love the beach this summer! The Liberty Bell

Sometimes you just take what you get when it comes to pictures.

11 comments:

Angela said...

Yay!! Finally!
Our turn to visit you. Let's plan it! (before the guys are gone again..)

Kristanne said...

Sounds like you are keeping up with Cole. Glad you have some family near by.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

How fun!! I'm so happy for you all that Ben is home. It's just not the same when Daddy is away... everything is just.. "off." I'm sure you know what I mean.

I can't wait to take Haylie and Connor to the beach too! Let's just hope it's sooner, rather than later! :)

gilliay said...

you need to post or link to this pudding recipe! I would love to try it!

Christensen family said...

Oh Ya it is so nice to have them home. Looks like you had tons of fun.

Darren and Stephanie said...

You are going to have fun with the wii fit!

Darren and Stephanie said...

You are going to have fun with the wii fit!

Unknown said...

Where in the heck did he find a Wii fit? We got a Wii the other day and I'm trying to find one but everyone is out of them. I'm glad Ben got home. I know it's hard to have him gone for so long. I'm also sure it's nice to have family so close. I'm a little jealous that you get to see Cole so much. Love you:)

The Greenacres said...

I might have to steal your fire piston idea. Josh would love it.

R+BSummers said...

I bet you're ready for some me time! Meagan, I had a dream last night that you moved to Boise next to the campus in a hippy lookin house (while Ben was away)and Melissa (Johnson, Ryason??) moved next door in a warehouse. It was the funkiest dream, but fun to see all of our friends together again. Miss you tons!!

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Nothing like playing on the beach in snow that seems crazy. Rhone is getting so big and he looks like he will be fun for the boys to play with when you guys visit next time.