Sunday, February 28, 2010

finishing up

There is nothing like company to help you get a few last minute projects finished up. We have our bedroom close to done now. We have one wall (where the TV is) that still needs attention, but I'm waiting until I get the right find to finish it up. I went for a coastal feel (since we are on the coast). A few more souvenirs from the beach will really add to it.



I finally committed to something for Rhone's room too. I just didn't feel inspired by anything I was finding. I settled on a more masculine (instead of little boy) feel, based on these prints by Norman Rockwell. There is an english setter (like Ace) in each print.

Images from http://www.artst.org/


Of course we couldn't have gotten everything done without Rhone's help :) He uses tools and cleans too- lucky me!


Now we're off to spend time with our family. Hope you have a great week!

8 comments:

Darren and Stephanie said...

Meg, you are quite the home decorator. I love it!

Edwards Fam said...

Meagan, I meant to tell you this. A lady at home used to take photos reinacting a Norman Rockwell with the actual picture in the background. My dad has one with my sister...kind of cute (not my parents style really), but I thought when Rhone gets a little older, that could be really cute:)

Liz said...

I love your bedroom, it looks so great! I really love the shade of green you chose, it does remind me of the coast, but at the same time isn't tacky, like a beach house would be decorated. I love the idea of putting Norman Rockwell art in Rhones room! Very cute. So glad Ben is back!! Life was good before, but is is now perfect!

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Looks like you are getting ready for your mom to come stay. I will have to give your dad a hard time for not going. The room looks really cute I like the paint color.

Amanda said...

It looks really really good! I still haven't made curtains or pillows for my bed yet . . . it's still kinda bare!

I love the prints you chose!

Jake and Liz said...

So glad that Ben is home safely. I'm sure that was a long month for both of you.
I hope you have fun with Erich, Kara and Jake.
I like having guests too. I get so much done in anticipation for the arrival. It's a great motivator!!!

Love Norman Rockwell! Classic.

Chance and Beth said...

Love the colors in your room, so peaceful. Can't wait to see Rhones all finished up!

Nicole Beeton said...

Lookin' good! Isn't it fun to be able to paint and do what you want?