Friday, December 18, 2009

Quick Trip

Last week we made a quick trip to DC. We wanted to see the lights at the temple, the National Christmas Tree, and we hit up one of the Smithsonians- the Museum of American History. We tried and tried to get to the National Christmas tree, but it was blocked off for some event that night.

Here is the best picture we could get.

Here is one from about.com

We had a good time in the museum. One of our favorite things was seeing Abraham Lincolns top hat- we didn't take a picture though- what were we thinking. We did take pictures of a lot of other things. So here's a random collection of them.

One of the exhibits was American Transportation- here are the photos from that exhibit.


I was born in Ogden.

Ben was born in Oklahoma.

Not in the exhibit, but we parked right behind this GreenPeace truck and Ben insisted we take a picture of it. He was disappointed I wouldn't stand in front of it waving my peace sign.

Rhone's favorite mode of transportation is pushing the stroller by himself. We were looked at, but not as an official part of the exhibit either.

This photo come from the exhibit First Ladies at the Smithsonian. This is a beautiful silk gown worn by Eleanor Roosevelt. The detail on this dress was amazing.

2 comments:

Kristanne said...

I loved the history museum too. My favorite by far though was the natural history museum with all of hte rocks, and science things. I must admit I also liked the art museum, even some of the modern stuff. Just not as much as Cole!!

Glad you guys had a great time.

Darren and Stephanie said...

I can't believe Ben insisted on a picture of the green peace truck.