Monday, November 2, 2009

did we land in Africa...?

Nope, but Rhone looks pretty adorable in his zebra costume.


We had a fun, but busy Halloween. Especially since we got home for the airport at 11 pm the night before. We headed up to my Granny and Gramps' house for festivities with my mom's side of the family. All the kids (and Kris too) got dressed up to get their treats. We had delicious home made spaghetti. The noodles were even orange because some one played a little trick and died the boiling water orange.

Me, Kurtis, and Lill just watching the chaos.

Here is the crew all dressed up.

When we got home Rhone and Papa carved a pumpkin together. We ate dinner and got all dressed up again. Rhone only trick-or-treated a few houses and played with the trick-or-treaters that came here. He got a Case IH tractor from Grandma and Grandpa Rose, a cute ghost bib from Grandmommy and his halloween costume and huge hershey's canndy bar from Nana and Papa. What a great Halloween!

Playing in the pumpking with Papa.

When I was a little girl my great grandma Pete always got us these huge hershey's candy bars. One year my brother was devastated when the weight of the hershey's bar and candy split open his trick-or-treat bag and his candy scattered everywhere. I love that my mom is carrying on the tradition!

14 comments:

Dillon & Bree said...

That costume is adorable! He is getting so big. Enjoy Malad valley for me. So jealous right now

Jill W said...

That is so cute! Happy Halloween!

Angela said...

Rhone looks adorable! I'm so glad you went to spend the deployment with your family. Time goes by a little faster I think.

Hopefully we can get together soon!

Christy said...

I especially like the zebra hiding in the tall grass. So cute.

Erich said...

What an awesome costume; he looks so cute. I am pretty sure I have never seen a Zerbra costume before. I love how much your family gets into Halloween. It's fun to hear about all the festivities.

Kristanne said...

how cute he looks. It looks likes you had a great Halloween. We really enjoyed seeing you guys that day.

Anna said...

Cute costume! You have a hansome family.

Melinda said...

That's really creative. I LOVE the tarp on the floor pumpkin-carving idea!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I'm glad we got to see you guys. So, you gonna let him eat all that chocolate?:)

Chance and Beth said...

So cute, I've never seen a Zebra costume, love it even more that it's unique!

Mikey & Melissa said...

That costume is the best. I wish I were there in malad!

Christensen family said...

So cute

Nicole Beeton said...

I love his costume! I've never seen a baby dressed up as a zebra before...so dang cute! Cade and I might be going to Malad for Thanksgiving, so if we do we'll be sure to come and see you!

ckauer said...

You guys looks like you are having fun! The costumes are so cute! You have to get on Facebook...Please...I seem to keep in touch with people better on there. I wish you were still here in San Antonio. :D Except Ty got orders to San Angelo, tx.