This is our last post from Idaho and probably our last one for a while since we'll be on the move to Delaware. Rhone and I are flying to Mississippi tomorrow to meet up with Ben and get ready for the move. Here are a few other fun things we've done while we've been home.
Manual Labor and Shooting
A trip home would not be complete for me without putting in or tearing out some barbed wire fence and a some clay target practice with our shotguns. Here my dad and I are tying off one of the wires. I am done with my google job and I found it so refreshing to be tired and sweaty after a day of work. Nothing beats being able to look at what you have accomplished that day.
Rhone's First Camping Trip
Most little boys probably have their first camping trip with their dads, but not Rhone. Brock (my brother) and I went camping up North Canyon. We loaded up our gear and drove the 1975 International Scout- it couldn't have been better. My parent's came up for dinner with us and then they headed home. We didn't see another person the whole time we were there. It was beautiful and Rhone was perfect the whole time, he even slept in until 8:30 the next morning.
Rhone's First Fishing Trip (fly fishing, of course)
My parents have a wood drift boat that we can launch at Daniels Reservoir. Friday morning we went fishing before it got too hot. We could see a few huge trout cruising around beneath us and we had a few bites, but we never landed anything. It was still fun to be out on the water and brush up on casting. When we were getting the boat back on the trailer the fish and game officers stopped and talked to my mom and checked to see if we had licenses. Before they left one of them asked my mom if Rhone had done any rowing because he sure has the guns for it. It is so funny how many people comment about my little Rhone's weight.
Rhone and my mom in the boat.
My dad fishing while I'm rowing.
Swimming
Rhone has gone swimming almost everyday since we have been here. (It's always more fun to swim when Grandma and Grandpa Rose let Rhone fill up his pool with warm water from the hot water heater ;) He is quite the little performer as you can see in the video below. As soon as everyone claps he starts kicking again. He is floating on his back, I'm just making sure he doesn't fall in.
My parents have a wood drift boat that we can launch at Daniels Reservoir. Friday morning we went fishing before it got too hot. We could see a few huge trout cruising around beneath us and we had a few bites, but we never landed anything. It was still fun to be out on the water and brush up on casting. When we were getting the boat back on the trailer the fish and game officers stopped and talked to my mom and checked to see if we had licenses. Before they left one of them asked my mom if Rhone had done any rowing because he sure has the guns for it. It is so funny how many people comment about my little Rhone's weight.
Swimming
Rhone has gone swimming almost everyday since we have been here. (It's always more fun to swim when Grandma and Grandpa Rose let Rhone fill up his pool with warm water from the hot water heater ;) He is quite the little performer as you can see in the video below. As soon as everyone claps he starts kicking again. He is floating on his back, I'm just making sure he doesn't fall in.
It has been so fun to be home. We are so blessed to have such a great family especially my parents who have taken excellent care of us for the last month and a half. Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to visit with us and make our time here great. It still does feel like home!
6 comments:
I love the camping photos. That is so awesome that he slept in his own sleeping bag.
oh my how fun. I love the video of him swimming. He sure is loved! My dad had a Scout in high school. I'm sure it was older, so funny!
How exciting!!! Wish we were there to do all those fun things with you guys! I'm so bummed we won't get to see you at Will's wedding. Hope you get back to your hubby safely! Kiss that baby for me!
This is home, and we sure are going to miss you. You make sure you post often so we feel like your still here. It was so nice spending so much time with you and Rhone. We love you guys tons!!!
Wow, I have missed out on a lot of posts. Glad you have had a great time being "home." Rhone looks so dang cute in his sleeping bag and that video. TOO cute!!! He is just so yummy!
We're going to miss you guys so much. Pleas post LOTS of pics so it feels like you're still here. I'm jealous you got to go camping. The closest we've come this year is sleeping out back at Granny and Gramp's house. Love you guys tons!
Post a Comment