Thursday, May 14, 2009

top of the chart

Rhone got to celebrate his 4th month with a trip to sea world (see previous post), a new pair of jammies, and a check-up. Rhone is our little entertainer. He has such a funny personality and he LOVES attention. Every once in a while Rhone will laugh not just do his baby giggle. I love hearing it, but he mostly does it for Ben. During tummy time he can turn a full circle, basically he's high centered on his tummy, so he just pivots around it. It's pretty adorable. He also started sucking in his bottom lip (see top left picture in collage), loves standing up and can sit unsupported for a little bit before loosing balance. He is getting the eating from a spoon business down pretty well too.

Rhone's check-up went well and he is as healthy as can be. Rhone has always seemed to happy and healthy to me, but strangers kept making so many comments about his weight that I was starting to get worried. So it was reassuring to hear that he's just a healthy breast fed baby and there's nothing to worry about. Rhone is as big as they get- he's at the top of the weight chart at 99% for his age (20lbs 3 oz). No wonder all the strangers were shocked, I guess you don't see the top of the chart everyday. He's almost 26 inches tall (a bit above average). We are so grateful to have such an energetic healthy little guy! And of course here are a few pictures.

We bought these PJ's on Rhone's actual birthday and he wore them that night. We took these pictures because we didn't think he'd be able to wear them for long even though they are size 6-12 months. Notice in the center picture how much they are gaping open. (I got photoshop for mother's day so I've been playing around with pictures.)

Rhone standing up in the exersaucer (a walker without wheels). To me, he looks like a little boy not a baby in this picture.

3 comments:

Kristanne said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe those blue blue eyes! I am so jealous!!! Hope Ben had a great birthday. Can't wait till you come!

Ryan and GeAnna said...

Wow! What a cutie, I can not belive how big he is. I was never lucky enough to have a child top the charts. On my little guys last visit he was only in the 5th, and the 9th percentile. He is adrorable!

Erich said...

Rhone is definitely looking older these days, but as cute as ever. Being tall and stout and having the genes of you and Ben he is sure to be one impressive little athlete!
I love the lil' scrap page you did. Fun Mother's Day gift.