Saturday, May 16, 2009

being a mom is....

This year was my first Mother's Day so I thought I'd do a little post about it. (Yep, I know it's a week late, but well that's life as a new mom.) Ben and Rhone did a great job of making it special. I got some yummy Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast and Rhone must have known it was a special day because he slept in past 9:00. I also got photoshop so I've been having fun learning how to use it. We took the picture on the right just before we went to church. Most days I don't feel like a mom, but then I have these little moments where I realize that I am. A few days ago, I was locking up the house for the night and saw Rhone's little hand knit dinosaur next to all my work stuff and in that little moment I though, yep, I really am a mom. I've learned how nice it is to sleep for 8 hours straight, how hard it is to get curly hair out of little chubby fingers, and how exciting it is to watch Rhone learn new skills. It's been such a blessing and a growing experience to have little Rhoneburts in our lives (and my and Ben's moms too, who give us lots of love and appreciated advice).

3 comments:

Kristanne said...

Being a mother is a wonderful job. You get to experience so much joy, and yet so much frustration. You will get to experience both sides of the scale to extremes. It is amazing how one little bundle can completely control you life for so long and wrap you around their finger with so much love without even trying! Babies are so much joy!

Dave said...

Happy late Mother's Day - we miss you guys. When are you moving north?

Jeff and Lea said...

Those three photos and words really do describe motherhood. Love all three. I know this is late, and don't think I said it before, but hope you had a great first Mothers Day!