Next week I am flying from San Antonio to Salt Lake with Rhone. I'm a little worried about getting through the 3 hour flight in one piece (and the rest of the plane too). I would love any tips you moms have especially about security, diaper changes and feedings. Thanks for the help!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Meagan... I know Rhone is probably not on bottles yet, but I just made sure Haylie drank some juice or water when we were taking off and landing so that her little ears didn't pop from the change in altitude. I hope Rhone is a good baby on the plane... it made Haylie fall asleep! Good luck!
Hmm, I really don't have any advice for you. I never flew with our girls at Rhone's age. Only at Christmastime and it was NOT an enjoyable experience. Not to scare you or anyting. Our situation was/will be different from yours. What I did learn is that people do understand. You will be traveling with him alone and I'm sure he will fuss, but don't get flustered about what others are thinking or saying to you. I did that and it made the girls and me worse. Okay reading my comment sounds like no help at all, but I had to say something. Good luck and I'm sure it will be fine.
Given his age, most will be great. He still sleeps a bit so that should be good too. A big blanket will help with feeding if he still doesn't take a bottle, the flight attendants love bringing water for babies. I don't think it will be too bad really. Shawn says the most enjoyable trip he ever took was with Jace when he was 10 days old to Texas to see his parents. The flight attendants were soooooo willing to assist as they just adored the little baby.
First I have to say I love your family picture on your sidebar! It's so cute!
I'm not sure if the rules have changed or not, but we would take our stroller as one of our carry-on items, and check it at the gate. It was so helpful to have that to get all the other stuff around in the airport.
The only horror experience we ever had while travelling was when Lucy was about 1 1/2 and her toe got crunched like a nut in a nutcracker when the guy in the seat in front of us put his arm rest down and her toe was in the way. She screamed bloody murder for a good 20 minutes, right before take off. So keep all limbs in your seat! :-)
I agree with Kristanne - I'll bet her falls asleep and is great.
We flew with Emma when she was five months old and she did great.
Jill is right, and the policy hasn't changed. You can check your stroller and car seat (if you didn't buy a ticket for Rhone and the flight is full) at the gate free of charge.
Emma was small enough that we could change her diaper while holding her on a lap. We just had a diaper changing pad that I put under her in case of surprises...
Get him to suck on something (binky, nursing, bottle, etc) during landing and take off (unless he's asleep) so the altitude change won't bother him.If you don't have a nursing blanket (like this http://www.treasuredmomentsbycheryl.com/cart/index.php?controller=product&product_id=5) they make nursing in public sooo much easier. You can buy one, or just sew a strap or piece of ribbon onto a blanket you already have.
I hope that helps
I am not sure you will remember me, I have not seen you since you were very little, but your Mom and my Mom are cousins, anyhow I work for the airlines so I will throw my advice in. TSA should be really good to work with you getting through security, even though you can no longer take any liquids (water bottles etc.) they will wave that rule for baby bottles, with water or milk in them. You can gate check your stroller and car seat at the gate, and most airlines will let you board first and get settled in, anything he can suck on will help his ears during take off and landing, he is young enough he should do great but even if he cry's don't stress, everyone loves babies!
That being said I was excited to see you had moved to San Antonio, I got married in Feb. but since he is the Army we had to put off our reception until Aug. we are having it outside of San Antonio at his brothers ranch, it looks like we will combined that with our family vacation so I hoped to read about fun family things you had done in the area to get some ideas for our family when we come.
Last but certainly not least your baby is just adorable!
They said it all! I woudn't be worry. I bet he'll be happy to be in mommy's arms for 3 hrs! I'd be concerned if he was Bailey's age. She wants to run around and doesn't understand that we can't do that in an airplane. Good luck!
Post a Comment