Sunday, March 22, 2009

home sweet home

We are finally getting settled in here in the big city of San Antonio. We live in a nice little (actually big these housing developments are huge) neighborhood. We found a great deal on a furnished place, so our leap of faith of leaving MS without a place to live worked out. If traffic is minimal Ben can get to the base in about 15 mins. We live about 10 mins away from Sea World, but we haven't been yet. I think that we'll be in San Antonio for just the right amount of time to enjoy the state of Texas.

Here's the front of the house


Here's our view from the back deck

Finding a furnished place was great- except that means that the decorations just might not be your taste. The owner of the home is from Ecuador and she's probably in her 70's (the dishes are the exact same as my granny's). Here are a few of the cool pieces from our house.

There are a pair of these elephants in our front room.

Our bar- we are pretty sure that all the carvings are by hand- they are pretty cool.

Everything is bigger in Texas right? Well this is the first time I saw a C-5 up close. It is so big that they don't even put the whole plane in the hanger. Ben had his first simulator on Friday night- he came home and said, "she's a big beautiful beast." Ben told me that they can fit 6 greyhound buses in one, crazy isn't it.

That line in the sky is actually the crack in the buick's windshield- very classy huh.

7 comments:

Kristanne said...

It looks like a really nice house. Maybe instead of heading to Mesa Verde we should head to Texas. Sea World sounds fun! We liked the one in Florida. Your mom said you were coming home for Easter for a day or so.... That will be nice. Can't wait to see how big the boy has grown!

The Greenacres said...

You have some great stories. I must say that your blog is one of the most interesting ones I read. That is a really HUGE plane, wow. I appriciate that you always stop and smell the roses. Oh Wyatt would love that elephant.Are you going to have to baby proof? Take care.

Katie

Erich said...

Big beautiful beast sums it up quite well. Bet the simulator was lots of fun. That has to be intimidating to fly something that humongous.
I love the new apt, glad it worked out for you. The decor is quite interesting and fun. I am surprised how pretty your view is, I had no idea TX was scenic. Have fun discovering a new place. You are so great about getting out and about.

Nicole Beeton said...

That looks like such a beautiful home Meag! Sounds like you guys are doing just great, I'm so happy for you! I was in Malad this weekend and I was thinking about you and showing off your cute little boy to my family. I miss you!

Jeff and Lea said...

Wow what a great house to live in and so close to Sea World! I hope you guys enjoy your time in Texas. How long will you be there?

Nicole Beeton said...

He is such a cutie!! He's definitely a good mix of you and and his daddy.I still can't believe almost all of my friends are mommies now, it's crazy!! Let me know when you come here, I would love to see you!

Melinda said...

That is SOOOO FUN!!! And I LOVE THE BABY PICS!!!! BE sure to back them up -- we thought we had but found out when our computer crashed that we had missed one file -- the file from the day they came home on! What a file to lose!