Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm so glad when daddy comes home..

...glad as I can be.  Ben got home just in time for Father's Day!  In honor of our man we took out our kayak, made a trip to the Brandywine Zoo, and enjoyed some yummy food.  When I asked Ben what he wanted to eat he listed: Garlic Shrimp from Rota, Spain; a Doner Kabob and schnitzel  from Germany, a gyro from Mikey's in Moscow, ID; a Kuwait breakfast and the list went went on.  So I found a recipe for garlic shrimp.  It turned out pretty yummy, but not the same as the ones in Rota (so I am told). And Ben picked out an icecream cake from Dairy Queen, which really was yummy.  Rhone made Ben a card which included a cute little questionnaire about Ben and we opened a few gifts too.  Ben is an amazing dad and we really are so happy when he is home with us!


Rhone and Ben paddling the in kayak

Sylvie's 1st time in the boat.  She didn't like- I mean hated- her life vest.  It was a crowded boat with all 4 of us.  What an adventure!

Father's Day morning

The Tiger at the zoo.
Rhone talked his way into this very cool spider man popsicle at the zoo.

Ben and the kiddos

Garlic Shrimp

Rhone was as excited about this cake as Ben was.

1 comments:

Kristanne C. Willden said...

Love the pictures. It is fun to see how your kids grow. Glad Ben had a nice Father's day. I agree, Yummy ice cream cakes!!!!!!

I think we should do a girl day when you are here. What about the first Saturday (4th) in August. We could go to City Creek, the Temple and out to eat, maybe a movie. Sylvie can come. Rhone too. It would be nice, and I don't know how much longer we'll have granny. Let me know. I'll ask the others too!