Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer is so Sweet

and a little sweaty too. Who knew summer in DE was as hot and humid as summer in MS- not me. We have managed to get a few fun outings in while Ben is gone. We picked blueberries at the local farm. I had never even seen a blueberry bush before, so this was pretty exciting for me too. We also took a trip to Philly to meet up with Cole and wander around University of Pennsylvania's campus. Campus's in the middle of a bustling city are really a beautiful oasis.

What really makes summer so sweet are the simple things like playing in a warm rain, enjoying a cold orange julius in the backyard, eating peas straight from the garden, and keeping cool in the water. I love summer with a 1 and half year old. It just doesn't get better than this.

(Sorry for all the Rhone pictures, but without Ben here, who else can I take them of. Plus Ben likes seeing his little guy.)



When I was little we always ate peas with my great grandma. Peas in the pod will always be such a sweet memory for me.



Rhone was eating blueberries out of the bucket left and right. He LOVES them.


Apparently a bronze corner of the Declaration of Independence in the tushy, doesn't make Rhone want to smile- go figure.



Watching the duck family stroll through our backyard. I love the colors in this picture. It just says summer to me.

Rhone is wearing his free Phillies shirt. Thanks JC Penny.

Nothing like 2 puppy dogs drinking from the sprinkler.




Rhone working his hose magic. Holy smokes I am loud- so turn down the volume please!

6 comments:

Erich said...

I love the Rhone pics so keep them coming. My favorite is the one of him drinking out of the sprinkler.
Sorry you guys weren't with Ben for Father's Day--I bet he was wishing he was in Germany again...125 degrees, Yuck

Christensen family said...

He is so cute. I always ate peas like that too.

Liz said...

Never apoligize for a plethora of pictures of Rhone! He's your baby, and showing off your baby is the point of a family blog!

Looks like some great summer activities!!

Kristanne said...

I Love all the Rhone pictures. He is so bright. The drinking out of the hose bit was rather cute. My kids all did/do that. What a great helper watering the flowers. Your a great gardener. We didn't even plant one, but we got a great weed patch going this year!

Nicole Beeton said...

What cute photos! You gotta love summer time (unless you're 7 months pregnant like me!!).

Chance and Beth said...

Oh my he is getting so big! And adorable as ever!