It seems like we don't go more than 2 weeks without some change in our lives. We hadn't been back from vacation for 2 weeks and Ben left on a mission. It sure does keep us on our toes. We've managed to go to a Mennonite fundraiser, a strawberry festival, and church activities. Ben and Rhone went to the father and sons camp out.
I think Rhone might have been the youngest in attendance, but they weren't able to spend the night since Ben had to be ready to leave for Europe by 6 the next morning. While Ben and Rhone were gone, I had the young women (girls 12-16) from our church over for a late night party. We made pizza, played water balloon volleyball, the tell all "chair" game, ate dessert and popcorn while watching a movie. The only bad part, was that I didn't get to spend any time with Ben the right before he left. But we can't plan our lives around Ben's schedule or we'd never do anything.
Saturday Rhone and I went to the Fifer Orchard Strawberry Festival. There was live music, a petting zoo, pony rides, face painting, and of course strawberries. We didn't brave the strawberry picking crowd on Saturday. Instead we went today and we had the whole patch to ourselves.
As soon as we got home, we ate lunch followed by strawberry short cake. You can't go wrong when you go from vine to plate in less than an hour. Too bad Rhone's eyes are closed here.
6 comments:
You are a busy family. I'm impressed how active you guys are. Rhone is so lucky to have you.
You are such a good Mom!. Ben is away? Come and play!!!!We would love to have you. Love the pictures - keep them coming.
How fun!! We are planning to go get some strawberries on Thursday and I can hardly wait!
You are amazing at keeping your blog updated!
You guys are such a busy little family! I love all your photos!
Love the blog!
Cool, sounds fun! I hope Ben gets home safely and soon!
Post a Comment