We were home and unpacked for a whopping 2 weeks before we left for vacation in North Carolina. Here's a few of our happenings from those weeks.
SESAME STREET SHOW
Some of the characters from Sesame Street came to base for a free show for military families. Rhone and I went with some of our friends. The show really was pretty good. There was lots of music and dancing, and a free toy. Elmo was far and away the favorite. The content was geared towards families who deal with changes and deployments.
MOTHER'S DAY CARDS
This year Rhone is big enough to start making those oh-so-cute crafts. I had a hard time coming up with something on his skill level, but luckily my friend Amy and her boys came over to paint with us and help put the idea together. I think the cards turned out pretty adorable and were well worth the mess!
DOVER DAYS
Once a year Dover has a colonial festival complete with a parade, maypole dancing, and colonial costumes. We watched the parade with our friends. It was nice for the little boys to have someone to get into trouble with. We watched some maypole dancing and wondered through the mess of people and booths. The real high light of the day was the food. One of the local churches sponsored an international food fair. For $10 we had a little Mexican, German, Egyptian, African, and Philippine food. It was delicious.
6 comments:
Sounds like he is enjoying life and you too. Mom absolutely loved the card. She showed it to everyone. It was really cute. We sure miss you!!!
Looks like you are finding plenty of fun and interesting things to do, as usual. What fun!
How fun! You are such a creative and fun Mom. I'm sure glad you have a blog so I can attempt at being a semi-cool mom. ;)
what a fun little parade. I love the mothers day card you are such a wonderful mommy
I'm so excited for our local activities like this - we'll have Pony Express Days soon and I can barely wait!
Loved the tulip mothers' day card!
Post a Comment