Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We had company- in PA

We took a little road trip to Pennsylvania while Erich and Kara were here. The guys headed off to Blue Mountain Ski resort, while the moms and the boys played at the Crayola Factory.


We meet Erich and Kara in Allentown, PA because we had some errands to get done that morning. We ALL stayed in the same hotel room. For 4 adults and 2 little boys we fared pretty well on sleep. We played in the pool, ate at a local brewery and found a delicious chocolate shop. All the chocolates were hand made at the store called Josh Early Candies.

Ben and Rhone with Erich and Jacob

Family fun time

The Crayola Factory is in Easton, PA. It was a delightfully fun and vibrant place. There was so much stuff to do there and no crowd since it was a weekday morning. Some of it was, of course, a little advanced for Rhone but he still enjoyed himself and the freedom to run around. We even got to watch 1,200 red crayola crayons be made. I sure did feel like such a mom there though.

Trying to figure out how the markers come out of that machine.

Playing with his magic model dough.


Cousins coloring on the indoor sidewalk.

Watching the red crayons get labeled for the box.

This is my favorite thing we made that day. I love Rhone's perfect little hand-print.

Above the Crayola Factory there was also a transportation musem that was included with our admission. It was really interesting, but the boys were pretty tuckered out by then, so we just saw a little bit of it.

Helping our boat go through the canal system. I actually learned a lot through this hands on activity. This picture turned out pretty good considering I was holding Rhone with one hand while taking the picture with the other. Aren't moms great multi-taskers.


We had a great time at the Crayola Factory and I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone- well with kids :). There are no pictures of skiing because I had the camera. Ben also arranged for us to tour a C-5 so hopefully I'll be able to round up a few of those pictures from Erich and Kara to put in my last post about their visit.

3 comments:

Kristanne said...

How fun, I bet Rhone loved it. I love the picture of him looking up the machine. Glad you get to visit family.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

How fun! Sometimes I think we're missing out on some really cool stuff because we live on the West side of the country and not the East. I'm glad you are getting to see and do so many fun things! Rhone sure is cute! I can't believe I haven't even met the little man yet!!

Jake and Liz said...

So glad that Erich and Kara were able to visit with you. Looks like you did some fun things.
Wish we could come and see you too!