Thursday, March 18, 2010

kitchen renovation

That's right we haven't even been in our brand new house a year and we have practically redone our kitchen. The long story short, is that we had mold growing behind our kitchen sink. The good news is that we probably would have made these upgrades before selling so it's nice that we get to live here and enjoy them.

Granite counters, new quartz sink (good bye water spotted stainless!), new facet and new backsplash. I am looking for something to put above my window, any suggestions? I'm thinking something vinyl, but not sure what yet.

The grout was just barely put on when I took this picture, so there is still some on the tiles here, but the close up shows you the pattern and our glass inlay tiles.


New wall color below the chair rail. It brings out the hint of blue in the granite, covers up the scuffed up walls, and keeps my kitchen feeling a little country. Well at least that's what I think it does. I also made the art work above the window found on this blog. Mine needs a better glue job, but it is adding some color and I already had the paper from an earlier project.

We still have a little finishing work to do, but are loving our new kitchen and having it all put back together again.

11 comments:

Kristanne said...

So since it had mold did the insurance cover it? At least part of it? Hope so. It looks really nice.

Ryan and GeAnna said...

Wow! That looks so nice! I hope you enjoy your new kitchen. Sometime I plan on overhauling mine as well.

Allen Family said...

It looks great. It's always nice to actually get to enjoy it and not just make it nice for someone else.

Darren and Stephanie said...

It is beautiful. Great job.

Christy said...

Love the kitchen! And the wall art idea, I'm going to try it.

Nicole Beeton said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful! Cade and I have wanted to remodel ours alos, but were waiting for our ship to come in....we may be waiting for a while! I love what you have done.

Chance and Beth said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Love it!!

ADRIENNE and JOSH said...

Kitchen looks AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the blog about the wall art!

Christensen family said...

I just love it.

Dani said...

beautiful! i love home improvement - it feels so good!