Tuesday, January 19, 2010

what to do with winter blues?

Embrace them and paint BLUE. I've been really itching to get organized so here are a few of our projects. I kept buying doubles and triples of things in storage. So I needed a way to keep track of what is actually on those basement shelves. Instead of buying a boring (and kinda expensive whiteboard) I just used self laminating sheets over clearance paper that matches my kitchen. I also down sized my chicken wire "clutter holder". It's painted BLUE the same color that is eventually going to be below the chair rail in my kitchen.

So much more fun than a white board! I'm thinking about making a small one for grocery shopping- no more wasted paper.

We found this delightful unit on super clearance at Ikea. I love how organized it makes all of my stuff. A special thanks goes to Ben all the way in Spain for putting this beast together! I don't know where my visitors are going to put their clothes, but every time I walk in the room I love how clean it is. Steph, you didn't really think I would get rid of that table, I just found a new use for it.

9 comments:

Darren and Stephanie said...

You are so creative. I think I will find myself copying many of your ideas, and no one will know I'm a copy cat since your all the way over there. Plus I'm glad to see that the table still has life after trekking accross the country!

Kristanne said...

You are pretty creative. The grocery list is a great idea- I should have thought of it sooner. I see you are keeping busy!!

Rachel said...

That is so smart to use laminated paper as a white board, I am totally going to do it. Very cute, and I love, love that color of blue.

Edwards Fam said...

Wow! Everything looks WAY better than I had been picturing it!! Way to go!

Erich said...

Fun idea...I love your closet organizer that rules. But what I love most are all the fun pics of Rhone. Happy 1st b-day. Looks like you guys celebrated it well. Glad Ben could be there for that.

Brandon & Tiff said...

Wow...I love that clutter holder. Did you make that? It is so cute. That is my favorite color of blue for house stuff. I love it. I am with you all the way on organization! Life just doesn't flow well unless everything has it's proper place. I went as far as labeling the cupboards once?! But Brandon has put an end to that. I love your ideas. I think I'm going to still and idea or two.

Dillon & Bree said...

Cant wait to have a house where I can organize. I love the chicken wire clutter board! It reminds me of Idaho in a very good way. I need to learn how to be crafty like everyone else so I can have cute things without the huge cost! Love your ideas Meag.

Christensen family said...

I so want one of those. Your awsome I love your ideas.

Amanda said...

Emily and I went antiquing and I saw one very similar to this and almost bought it, now I see I can make one just as easily!! Once again, I'm inspired.