A few days after Christmas we headed to Philly to drop a car off at the airport and meet up with some of my family. My aunt and my cousins and their families went to the Eagles vs Broncos football game. My cousin was roommates (he played football too) with Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis, so he got them tickets to the game. We meet up with my family and Kevin that night for dinner. It was so much fun getting to see them even if it was a short visit. I didn't even think to take one picture can you believe it?
It seems like most of our trips to Philly include a stop at Ikea. We finally got a bed frame (ours was broken in the move). We went with an upholstered bed since we couldn't find a wood finish (anywhere) that matched our current night stand and dressers. We felt a little bold when we bought it, but we really like it now (and that the fabric comes off and can be dry cleaned). We spent the day getting the wall painted and the bed put together. Then we made a frantic rush to get our snacks out and house presentable for company. We had our friends over for some food, games, and celebrating. I insisted that we have some of those champagne poppers (we always had them when I was little) and we picked up some noise makers to help ring in the new year. It was pretty mellow, but a fun night. A special thanks to our friends for hanging out with us! Our 2009 was a busy, unpredictable year, so it will be interesting to see what 2010 holds for us.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
ringin' in the new year
Posted by meagan at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love the color you chose for your room!!! It looks great, you should be proud of that!
Rhone is so cute - don't I say that every post. Shawn says I need to be a grandma. I said = no way!!! But babies are wonderful. The color in your room is great. I really like it. Glad you had a nice New Years.
I really like your bedroom. The paint scheme is great! Our bedroom is set up exactly like yours, I may have to copy you! Keep posting pics of your beautiful house!
Hey Meag, Looks great. I like the colors and the bed frame too. Our bed is on the floor. One day I'd like to paint too, but I don't know what color, I was thinking blue in the same family as yours.
Katie
Post a Comment