Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Time is HERE

We started gearing up for Christmas while we were in Idaho. The Saturday after Thanksgiving the girls on my mom's side of the family went to the ballet the Nutcracker. The scenery, dancing, costumes, and live symphony were beautiful. We missed Makae, but what a great way to kick off the holiday season. And a special thanks goes out to my dad, Brock, Morgan (and Olin) for keeping Rhone all day long! We also got to tag along for the Christmas tree cutting.



Waiting for the show.



The last day we were home my mom decided she needed to do something Christmasy with Rhone. So they made sugar cookies together. Rhone (and everyone) had so much fun. He looked like such a grown up boy on that chair. There was a bit of a mess, but it was certainly worth it to watch the delight on his little face. I will have to put on the video of this it is pretty entertaining.



Rhone and I dragged all the Christmas decorations out of the basement, but waited for Ben to get home to get the tree. We found a cute little tree farm in the area where we picked out a real beauty. We got it decorated just in time to put my birthday presents under the tree (it's been a tradition since I was a little girl- there's gotta be something special about having a December
birthday). Rhone even got to put on his baby's first Christmas ornament.



Friday we took a little trip to Washington DC and saw all the lights around the temple.

6 comments:

gilliay said...

Those chubby hands all covered with sprinkles brought joy to my heart! I bet he loved that!

Angela said...

When is your bday? Mine is on the 12th. This was the first time in two years that I've been with Dave for my bday. I'm so glad you are enjoying having Ben home.

Kristanne said...

I loved the sprinkles. The temple is beautiful. I hope Ben gets to stay home and doesn't get deployed again!!! IF he does, come visit us. We will keep you happy!!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you were able to have Ben home for your birthday. I know you were worried about that. I love the pics. Rhone is getting so big. We'll sure miss you guys for Christmas.

Jeff and Lea said...

Rhone is so cute. I bet that was so much fun for your mom. Glad that you are back at home with your hubby! I had to read back a little bit to see that he was in Afganistan. Had no clue. Wow! Hope it all went well and that he gets to be home for a while. Cute Christmas tree. Looks good in your new home. Take care!

The Greenacres said...

Happy Late Birthday. I'm glad that you turn every birthday a few months before me. Some how it is comforting to know that even if we are getting older we're not doing it alone and if you make it look good so can I. I hope I can still say that when we are 90. Merry Christmas!!!