I haven't been too good about blogging so here is a quick attempt at catch up. We have been doing the usual things when we come home to visit like spending time outside and playing with Rhone.
We have some great family friends who have horses. So Ed saddled one up for us. Rhone was a little nervous about the huge animal looking him in the eye, but once he was on top he loved the view and going for a ride. I haven't been on a horse since my freshman year of college and I must admit it was so much fun to be back in the saddle- even if for just a bit.
Rhone and Brock were both wearing their carhartts so we took a picture. Notice Rhone is sporting his new boots. We couldn't pass them up since the camo is Mossy Oak- whose head quarters are in the town in Mississippi where Rhone was born. We gotta keep our little man close to his southern roots.
It has been a long time since I was home for my mom's birthday. It was so fun to celebrate with her. She even had the day off work so I took her out to lunch and we did some shopping. This week we have an apt to get manicures together too. I am so blessed to have such a great mom.
Rhone and Nana with her cake. I tried our old family German chocolate recipe. It turned out pretty yummy. Wondering why Rhone doesn't have a shirt on? See below picture.
Because 10 minutes before he was eating this. My dad gave him the beater with chocolate frosting on it and unfortunately the bib didn't keep the chocolate of his cute shirt.
6 comments:
Cute pictures. Rhone sure is a cutie. Glad you enjoyed your time home!
That green and gray striped shirt looks a little familiar...did you get it at Target? If so, Damon has the same one! I should have bought one for Tommy, then they could have all been matching!! We miss you...enjoy your time home:)
You'll have to share the cake recipe. It does look yummy!
I felt the same way about chores when I went home. =)
I'm glad you are having a good time.
Wow. I'm a bit confused. How long have you been in Idaho? ANd where is Ben? I have been lacking in blogging I see. Way fun pics! Rhone is such a cutie. Growing up so fast!
Very cute pictures. I love that you can be tough and do the "chores" and girly too, getting manicures. Rhone is just too cute! Really
Post a Comment