Sunday, October 18, 2009

hello Idaho

*Warning: this post is ridiculously long, but I'm planning on printing our blog for a family scrapbook, so I didn't want to leave anything out.*


A fall trip to Idaho consists of a few musts including family, hunting, and chores. This trip we also included a baby shower for Morgan, 4 wheeling, home made apple pie and a trip to Twin Falls to visit Ben's brother .

Family
Of course we made time to see everyone while we were home. Here are just a few pictures.

Rhone and his Great Granny

There's nothing like sharing the last piece of apple pie right out of the pan.

Morgan, Rhone, and Brock after a delicious dinner at Buddy's in Pocatello

Aunt Kris and Rhone. She was nice enough to drive Granny up for one last visit before we left.

We consider Ace family. So here are some pictures of him too.


We did a little sports theme for Morgan's shower. I even made a Syracuse University Diaper cake (the photo's on my mom's camera though). Congrats Brock and Morgan. We can't wait to meet your little man! Here are a few photos from the shower.

Hunting
We spent most of our time hunting Sharptail Grouse. They are a challenging bird to hunt, but the scenery is gorgeous. We also did a little forest grouse hunting. It was one crazy hike up the mountain and we decided that Rhone isn't quite ready for that crazy terrain. My dad had a guided hunt scheduled for one of the days we were home. So Ben loaded up Ace and off they went to guide the hunt. Ace did really well and I think Ben had a great time handling Ace for the hunter. He already made plans for another hunt, Ben must have done a great job.


Rhone admiring 2 Sharptails. I love how candid this photo is.

We hiked up from the bottom of this canyon straight through the aspen thicket. I can't believe my dad and Rhone made it. All that hiking and not one Rough Grouse.

Ben and I each shot a Rough Grouse later that day on a much, much shorter hike.

Isn't the Malad Valley beautiful.

Ben sighting in his new 22-250 rifle (see the little white target).

He's one of the cutest little hunters I've ever seen.
Chores
It's funny how when I was little my mom had to nag me to do my chores, but now when I go home I love the chance to help out, especially if it's outside. The chukars we out of grain, so we had to move the wheat from the grain bin to the huge feeder inside the bird pen. Here are some photos of Rhone helping out.

We fill up the little tub right under the grain bin. Then we pull it out and bucket it into the big tub on the trailer.

Then we drive the grain into the bird pen.

Standing knee deep in wheat.

4 Wheeler Ride

Since I can remember we have had an OLD blue 4-wheeler. It doesn't have breaks or reverse, but we only really use it around the farm, so it's not a big deal. When we got home I was shocked to walk into the garage and see not 1 but 2 new 4-wheelers (well new to us). My dad laughed and said one was my mom's and one was Rhone's. Here are some pictures from one ride through Kent Canyon just a few miles from my parent's house.

My mom and dad.

Our little family.

Me and my parents. I am so blessed to have them.

Rhone riding solo. Don't you love his extra sock insulation. He feel asleep in the backpack, so here he is looking a little grogy.

Twin
We made a quick day trip to Twin Falls to see Erich's family. Ben's mom and sister Gabi were up helping them get all settled into the their new beautiful home. We took a little hike along the rim by Shoshone Falls and Rhone and Jake played together- well sort of.

Shoshone Falls

Ben and Erich. Rhone couldn't take his eyes off the water.

A picture at the top of our hike.

Rhone and Jake

6 comments:

Kristanne said...

Love the pictures. Rhone is so dang cute. We hear you are coming back to visit us while Ben is on his mission or maneuver (whatever they call it) and we are excited. Maybe this time he will remember us, though I doubt it.

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Cute cute pictures!!! I LOVE the one of you 4 in front of the fireplace! YOu should use it for a Christmas card this year. Rhone's face it awesome!! So glad you guys had fun in Idaho! Wish we could have seen ya! Take care!

Chance and Beth said...

I love Rhone's little carhart overalls, adorable! So fun.

Darren and Stephanie said...

Looks like Ace is doing good and that you need to get Rhone a gun and soon.

Amanda said...

Rhone is the most photogenic little boy I have ever seen. Either that or you are amazing at posing him . . . the picture of him sitting in the grass. UGHH, too cute for words! He is such a happy boy!

Y'all's travels look like SO MUCH FUN. The hikes, the hunting, the family! Thanks for the great post!

Erich said...

I love looking at your blog. Keep up the good work.