Monday, August 31, 2009

today is the day!

This afternoon we are scheduled to close on our house. This means that will we be the owners of our very first home (and a large chunk of debt- my first debt too). Since Ben graduated from pilot training in January we have spent over 2 months in various hotels from Wyoming to Mississippi and now Texas to Delaware. Rhone and I also spent 2 months at my parents house. After 4 months of living out of a suitcase, and 7 months since we put our stuff in storage, I can't wait to see all of our belongings tomorrow!! We hope everything goes well today so tonight we have a place to call home.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!!! It will be so nice for you. Once you get settled you'll have to take lots of pics so we can see your home. We can't wait to see you guys. Your mom said you're coming home the end of September. Is that still on?

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Yay!! How exciting! And congratulations! What a huge weight to be lifted from your minds! And your own furniture and belongings are always so much more comforting. Keep us updated with pictures so we can see what the inside looks like. We'll pray for you guys that everything goes smoothly today! Good luck!

Chance and Beth said...

Congrats! And good luck!

Kristanne said...

I hope so too. It will be good to get out of a hotel. They are great to visit, but not to live in!!! Post pictures of the house all decorated. Now you will be in debt for what seems forever. I can't wait to have ours paid off. But that will be forever too

Brandon & Tiff said...

Me too! I am excited for you. Good luck.

Christy said...

That's awesome. You will have so much fun in your own place.

Allen Family said...

Congrats. I'm sure it will be wonderful to be in your own house after being in a hotel for so long.

Nicole Beeton said...

I'm so excited for you! You're going to need to post pictures so we can see the inside! Congratulations!!!

Erich said...

Congrats you guys hope you are loving the new house. Wish we were closer so we could babysit Rhone for you. Hopefully you are getting all settled.

Jeff and Lea said...

I have been lagging in the blog world lately. Congrats! Hope everything went smoothly for you! I can't wait to see inside pics of the house once you are settled in.

Angela said...

Yay! Good luck with the move! I´m so glad you´ll have all your things again.