As the days in the hotel continue, we look for any excuse to get out of the room and explore a little bit of the area. Here's a few things we've been up to.
1. Buying a new car, well new to us. It's a 2003 Nissan Maxima, we came in under budget even after we registered, license and payed taxes (yeah). The only bad news is that I have to drive around with Delaware plates for a year (don't worry I'll always be an Idaho girl- it was just a few hundred dollars cheaper to pay taxes, ect here). We have been enjoying the sun roof, keyless entry, and not having to shuttle Ben to, from, and around base (although I think he will really miss the front door service).
2. Celebrating our 4th anniversary. It's been a crazy but fun 4 years. We ate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and dinner at the Texas Road house. It was delicious (although eating out isn't nearly as exciting since it's pretty common these days). Ben got me some beautiful roses and I got him a DVD. We shared the day with Rhone because we don't know anyone to watch him. He's pretty good entertainment, so we didn't mind having him tag along.
3. A quick trip to Philadelphia. Ben didn't have to work one day so we decided to check out Philly, too bad we didn't check out the Phillies schedule first, because traffic for the afternoon baseball game was crazy. We also hit up Ikea and a fun little restaurant called Farmicia (thanks to Cole's recommendation). This picture of Citizens Bank Park is where the Phillies play.
4. A day at Fenwick Island State Park. Ben finished work early on Friday so we decided to head to the beach to bet the late evening "beach traffic". It was a nice beach and the water was great. Getting all sandy can be awfully exhausting for a 7 month old.
5. Getting a good deal. We made a very quick stop at a few outlets at Rehoboth beach because I wanted to get Rhone a new swim shirt (notice tummy showing in above picture). There wasn't any swim shirts at The Children's Place, but I did get 2 shirts and a pair of shorts for under $6. (The picture is complements of Ben). I LOVE getting a great deal!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
getting out
Posted by meagan at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sweet ride guys and congrats on the4 year. Glad you got to spend it together. Yeah traffic is not such a problem out here--sure that will take some getting used to.
What?!! You were in Phili and didn't come to see me. Geezz! =)
The car looks great. We just got one too and it was so cool not having to wait for Dave to run errands.
Happy Anniversary!
And I love Children's Place deals. They have the cutest stuff for such great prices!
I LOVE The Childrens Place! Too bad Idaho does not have one close, but at least my sister in-law from Colorado lets me know of all the deals and gets me some cheap clothes! I love your new car, it looks really nice!
Sounds fun!! How exciting to get to spend so much time in so many parts of the U.S.!!
Thanks so much for checking out our store! Tell all your friends! :D
Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Glad you found a car, now you won't be so tied down. And Congrats on your anniversary!!!
Congratulations on your 4th anniversary! You little boy is the cutest little guy!!
Congratulations on your 4th anniversary! You little boy is the cutest little guy!!
Post a Comment