You know when people say, "it's been one of those days" everybody in some vague way knows what that means. Well we've had one of those weeks, because all of our careful summer plans have been changed. Ben was 2 weeks late finishing up training in Texas. Because he was so late getting done there wasn't enough time for him to check back in at Columbus, before leaving for Spokane, WA. So he was planning on leaving straight from Texas, but Columbus was too lazy to change his orders, so he had to drive back to Columbus, MS and fly straight to Spokane.
This means:
*It will be over 6 weeks before Rhone and I see Ben again (which isn't terribly long, but it's worse when you aren't expecting it)
*Ben didn't get to be with Rhone on his first Father's day
*We won't be able to drive back to Mississippi and visit family along the way
*Ace is going to have to stay at my parents until we can fly him to be with us
*Rhone and I only have a suitcase worth of gear to last us the summer (Good thing my mom got hand-me-downs and gear for Rhone)
*Father's day presents and other gifts didn't get delivered
*Rhone and I have to fly across the country by ourselves
*Ben won't be getting to see (or use) his birthday/graduation gun until months from now
Thank you Columbus for being so willing to do your job! (I hope you can sense the sarcasm)
I tried for a week to figure out a reasonable way for Rhone and I to visit Ben on his 1 weekend off in Spokane, but after hours of researching flights, driving routes, rentals, and sleeping points, the plans fell through. Pretty disappointing, but on the positive side, Rhone and I are having fun hanging out, while Ben is gearing up for 3 weeks of survival school "fun". Here is some of what we've been up to.
Rooting for Ben to have a plane in working condition so he could have his check ride and leave Texas. Rhone wore a plane shirt everyday Ben's check ride was scheduled for good luck. (Good thing Rhone has a few plane shirts)
Rhone proofing the front room. Rhone felt extra special with all that room to roll around in. (Actually we moved everything out to clean the carpets)
Visiting. Everyone has been so nice to come and see us or meet up with us. We have seen family and I was even able to meet up with one of my college roommates, Katie, and her kids for a trip to the zoo (funny how things change huh). If you remember that before Rhone was born we called him Seven, you'll find it interesting to know that he was the 7th great-grandchild on my dad's side. Brock and Morgan's baby will be the eleventh- so my mom has started calling their baby Eleven. Here is Rhone with some the Rose great-grandkids.
Farming. It finally stopped raining so everyone is cutting hay. Rhone has become quite the little assistant farmer, he's been in the swather and helped Brock disc the summer fallow field.
Eating out. We had a little cookout in my parents' backyard. I was excited because Rhone got to use his new childsize sleeping bag. We can't wait to go camping with my brother one night.
Celebrating. I helped host a bridal shower for my friend Melissa. It was so fun getting together with friends from high school and I think that my decorations and food turned out cute too.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
one of those days
Posted by meagan at 12:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh my goodness, he is SO ADORABLE!!! Good luck being apart, that is always really tough!
He really does look like you!!!
I'm sorry about the mess with Ben. If you need cloths for Rhone, call me. I have plenty in storage. He does look like you in that picture.
I totally feel for you with the whole scheduling mix up. It's hard, but what can you do? You just have to keep positive. At least you are hanging with your family, instead of people you don't like (I'm assuming you like them, it seems like you do). Hang in there.
That picture of you and your dad is totally adorable!
Pinch Rhone's cheeks for us!
I'm so sorry about your "not fun week." That is really a bummer... and yes, I have had weeks like that before. Sounds like you have been staying pretty busy though! Maybe we'll get to see you guys at Will's wedding next month!?
By the way, in the picture of the Rose great-grandkids, who is that new tiny baby on the right? I don't recognize her... I'm assuming the lap she's sitting it is Shane and Jacqui's little girl.
That sounds familiar. I'm sorry. the good thing is that you are with family and that helps so much!
Yes, Rhone and you are twins!
Post a Comment