Thursday, June 4, 2009

adios san antonio

The time has come to say good bye to San Anton' well at least for some of us. Rhone and I are flying to Idaho on Sunday. Ben was supposed to be finished here on Monday, but he is behind schedule, so who knows when he'll be done. We have been hitting up some of our favortie spots here and still discovering new ones. Here are some of our latest outings.

A trip down the lazy river: We went back to the sea world water park and spent an hour or so cruising the river. We had a little floaty for Rhone, but he wasn't allowed to have it in the river (we found that out after 1 trip around) so we put this over sized life jacket on him and he took turn riding with Ben or me. He was definitely one of the youngest floaters, but also one of the few younger kids that wasn't crying. There are a few spots where you get sprayed, so we just covered him up and he kept smiling so we kept floating around. Ben and I had a great time too.

I love that you can see the water droplets splashing up in this picture
These pictures were taken on our way out of the park, notice "shamu" in the background

A little hike: There is a huge natural water drainage behind our house that cannot be developed and there are trails that weave in and out of it. He we are hiking one morning (you have to go before it hits the 90s)

Meeting up with friends: Our friends the Gadd's from Mississippi are here too, so we had them over for a BBQ. Cooper is just a week or so older than Rhone. We also had some yummy deserts with our new friends here. She is the one who took that adorable picture of Rhone on the side bar.

Yep, Rhone is rolling on top of Cooper, but Cooper is eating Rhone's hand, so it's hard to say whose winning ;)

The Japanese Tea Gardens: We visited these last night and they were beautiful and free. I am so glad that we didn't miss out on them.

Doesn't Ben look great with a baby and a diaper bag!

We finally found the local farmers market too, I can't believe it took me 3 months, I guess I've been away from Moscow for too long. It's along the San Antonio Riverwalk and there is live music there. Hopefully we'll be back this Saturday.

A few other goodbyes too: We are selling the Buick. My parents gave her to me when I left for college in the fall of 2003 (although it is a 1992). We always kept saying we just hope she gets us through college. She did a lot more than that. She now has over 200,000 miles on her. She's been from Canada to Florida, and even on a fairy. She has been a great car and I really will miss her.
The wind was even blowing for this picture, too funny.

Rhone has out grown a LOT of things in his few months of life. Now it's time to say goodbye to the car seat. He spent lots of time in there, so it just seems like the item that makes me realize he's not a little baby any more.

Ben is saying good by to 2nd Lieutenant. That's right he's made his first promotion to 1st Lieutenant. Goodbye gold bars, hello silver bars!

Well this is one gigantic post. Congrats if you made it to the end, you're a real trooper!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Oh I love those chubby legs! I have to say though that my favorite picture is the one of you sitting on the car while the wind blows your hair. Very sexy =)
Yay for the promotion! So when are you guys finally coming to the East?

Christy said...

You have had way too much fun in Texas. What a life, keep it up!

Kristanne said...

I love the pictures. Can't wait to see you guys. If you wanted to stop off on your way home from the airport feel free!!! ;> We were always going to go to San Antonio when Susan and Ed lived there, but never made. It always seemed like such a beautiful place. Someday I guess.

Jeff and Lea said...

I guess I'm a trooper! Great post. Those Japanese gardens look awesome. I'm glad you found them too! So now where is the next move to? Congrats to Ben making 1st Lieutenant. Have fun in Idaho, I'm a bit jealous you get to go home for a bit.

Molly said...

Can you email me the pictures of the boys? I love them! Where are the tea gardens I totally want to go. And...the picture of you on the car is phenomenal!!!! I'm going to miss you. I was so glad we got together. I'm sure we'll meet up again in the future.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you guys. I love the pics of San Antonio. So does that mean you will be in Malad longer?

Anonymous said...

Those were fun pictures. I can't get over how big Rhone is. He is such a cutie! Good luck on your next adventure in Idaho:)

Darren and Stephanie said...

No more buick... I have fond memories of that car in the college days. The winter burial and so much more, lol! I hope your flight went well today. We will have to try to figure out some way to see you, it's been way to long. Congratulations Ben on making first ltnt. Oh and Meag I'm a little dissapointed you passed up on the farmers market, but I must confess I've yet to go to ours this year.

Bryn said...

Rhone keeps getting cuter and cuter! Hope someday he and Braddock can hang.