I love Idaho and I love that when I meet people I can proudly say that's where I grew up. It makes me sad to think that when people ask Rhone where he's from he'll say that he moved around as an Air Force brat and doesn't really have a hometown. So I'm trying to take all the chances I can to help Idaho feel like home for Rhone (since that is his state of legal residence). It was an eventful trip and it was tough to choose pictures but here are a few (ok more than a few).
THE FLIGHTS- The flight to Salt Lake went well. The man who was supposed to sit next to us, took one look our way and said he'd see if there was another available seat. He never came back, so I guess he found one. I was grateful because Rhone needed an emergency diaper change mid flight so I was able to use the seat next to me. Rhone had one monster diaper before the flight back to San Antonio, so there I was frantically changing Rhone and all of his clothes as they were announcing final boarding call for the flight. We made it though. Then we ended up leaving 40 mins late because they had put too much fuel on the plane and we were over weight. (When I told Ben why we were late he said in a disgruntled kind of way, "that's just poor mission planning." He's turned into quite the pilot ;) Rhone played the 40 mins we were on the ground and he couldn't figure out why the man sitting next to us was sleeping and not paying attention to him. He was great except for the last 20 mins of the flight when he decided dropping atlitude hurt his ears and that he was hungry. So Rhone cried and yelled as loud as he could. Everyone was very understanding, especially since we should have been on the ground by then. Thanks for all the flying tips you guys gave!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
flyin' home with Rhone
EASTER- My mom was all prepared for Rhone for Easter. She got stuff to fill his basket and even a cute little outfit (Ben would say that boys don't wear outfits, they wear clothes), a toy, books and treats (well I ate those) for him. We colored Easter eggs and visited my Dad's family on Saturday. On Sudany we went to my mom's family's big Easter egg hunt and lunch.

I love that the carrot basket is bigger than Rhone.
Rhone was loved, held, and even poked while at the center of attention. He actually got a little overwhelmed with all the motion.
HUNTING WITH ACE- Of course I wouldn't neglect Ace or the chance to be outside while I was home. Ace has such a wild personaltity. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES birds and even does a fairly good job at retreiving them. My dad was generous and kept a few birds over the winter so we could get in some good training sessions.
My chuckar looks awefully small compared to the huge Reeves pheasant Brock shot.
My last night home we snuck in one more trip with Ace. Notice the snow in the background, we even got an inch or so in the valley while I was home.
Of course we wouldn't leave Ace out
EVERYTHING ELSE- Rhone and Alli got the chance to meet up again. She is just a week younger than Rhone. I didn't realize how big Rhone is until I saw him next to a normal 3 month old. Alli is as cute as can be and is so girlie and Rhone- he's just the opposite. Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to see us and make our trip home so fun, especially to Nana and Papa for starting their collection of baby gear!
Posted by meagan at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun, how fun. I love the pictures!!! He is soooo cute. We miss you already! You know Ben should just change jobs, get something that flies at HAFB. Close to your mom and especially close to me!!!
Looks like you made it home without too much excitement soorry we didnt come see you we were all sick and I didnt want to share. Looks like Grandpa and nana are spoiling Rhone aleady its good for them!! I like the picture with your mom he looks like he's smiling its cute.
So fun! I'd rather sit by myself anyway with a baby, so thank goodness for little Rhone! I can't believe that while you were in Idaho, I was in San Antonio!
Rhone IS such a big boy! Or maybe Alli is just little... In any case, he is CUTE! I LOVE the walker..that is so awesome! Where did your mom get that?
I'm so glad that you had fun while you were home. :)
Post a Comment