Monday, February 23, 2009

gone country- on a cross country

We've been absent from the blogging world for a while, but that doesn't mean life is uneventful. We don't have internet at home and have to be moved out of our house by friday- so I'm not exactly sure why I'm sitting in Pepper's parking lot blogging, but here we go anyway. The pictures didn't work out- so I will post the accompanying pictures when I can- don't expect it to be too soon though- maybe Sat after we are moved out.

We spent 3 days driving across the country with a baby that wasn't even a month old and our dog Ace. We made a fun pit stop at Cabela's in Sydney. We were also able to stop at FE Warren AFB to see our friends Joe and Joan and their cute kids. We also visited Jenna and Alexis- two of our closest friends from college- oh and we met their dogs too.

Jenna and Burban

Cabela's pit stop

Ace almost died. He went into shock- he spent 1 night at the vets after getting an IV, ultrasounds, X-Rays, and blood work done- too bad they never found out what was wrong with him- but he's alive and back to his naughty self now.

Sick Ace- it's the only time he would be mellow enough for Rhone to ride him

Ace feeling all better with Ben after a chukar hunt

We blessed Rhone in my homeward. We counted it up and including adults and children some 58 people rolled through my parents house after church that Sunday. It was crazy but it was so nice to have all the love and support from family and friends- thank you all for coming. Ben's brother and one of his sisters and their families were able to make it. It was great to see them- since it had been well over a year. That day Rhone also met Alli- my cousins baby who exactly a week younger than Rhone.

Rhone all dressed up for his big day- thanks for the handsome suit grandmommy- this kid has some wicked eyebrows here

Rhone and his cousins

Alli and Rhone with moms, grandmas and great-grandma

Rhone took his first tractor ride and his first trip bird hunting. Once he was strapped to Poppa and once he was strapped to Nana (my parent's were great to pack him around for us). We also spent sometime shooting and sledding (don't worry Rhone didn't participate in these activities).

Sledding with Erich and Kara

Rhone with Poppa

On the way home we took a little bit of a different route and went through springfield, MO- so we stopped at the Bass Pro headquarters there. Rhone was pretty interested in all the lights and mounts there. It's amazing how much he changed in 3 weeks

We'll that was our trip to the great country life in Idaho. Thanks for letting us stay mom and dad. Rhone has already rolled through 9 states and soon to be more on our way to Texas.

Just because he's cute and you can see his buddha belly

15 comments:

Derek and Alaina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derek and Alaina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derek and Alaina said...

Hi Meagan!! You are an amazing woman traveling the country with a baby... wow!! I'm glad to see things are going good for you and your family. Keep in touch. Miss ya!!

Derek and Alaina said...

Somehow my comment was posted three timee. Anyhow the two deletes were me... computers still confuse me ;)

Jeff and Lea said...

WOW! That is a long trip with a little baby and dog. Hope Ace is going better. That is so great you blessed him at home. I saw some pics on Kara's blog, looked like you all had a great time. Good luck with the moving.

Unknown said...

It was sure good to see you. It's never right when family is so far away. Good luck in Texas and we'll see you when Ben goes to Washington. Love ya.

Christy said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm glad we got to see you again. Good luck on your next "cross country."

Sabrina said...

HI MEG!!!
So I stopped by your parents house when you were in town to bless your baby but no one was home! Sorry I missed you but at least I gave it a shot. Anyways, how are you??? Your little guy is so cute!! Rhone is it? That's a good name! Different but good!
Anyways, hope to hear from you!
-Sabrina

Sabrina said...

By the way I have a blog now to, I hardly keep updated, but here it is http://hubinifam.blogspot.com/.

Sabrina said...

By the way I have a blog now to, I hardly keep updated, but here it is http://hubinifam.blogspot.com/.

Kristanne said...

Sounds like your still pretty busy with the temporary move and all. It was nice to have you here. It was great to hold Rhone. Let me know when you will be here again so we can schedule the girls trip. love ya all.

ADRIENNE and JOSH said...

Bwahaha blogging from the peppers parking lot! I used to "borrow" their internet too! It looks like you guys are doing well and having a lot of fun! I can't believe Rhone is so big already!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys. Rhone is adorable. You really are brave to travel like you did, you don't even know it. I'm sure you were just doing what you wanted.
Do you want to hear a funny story that will equal a really long comment by me? I knew you did.
The other day, Joe left his lunch box on the table and I was going to empty it for him and I unzipped the wrong zipper to get into it. We laughed and then he told me that if I was Meagan Glecker, I would know how his lunch box opens. Remember when you did that post about Ben's lunch? I wish Joe had never seen it. =)
I never make Joe's lunch for him.
Sorry for the off topic comment.
Hang in there.

The Greenacres said...

Hey!

I love the belly. I think that the bottom half of his face totally looks like you. Wow Jenna's dog is huge! Reminds me of Kelly Joe's. Take care.

Katie

Brandon & Tiff said...

He looks so handsome in his blessing outfit. I love his budda belly too. It was so fun for Alli and Rhone to meet. They are too funny!