Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Apple Hill

There is an area of Northern California called Apple Hill.  The area was originally filled with pears, but after a blight hit the crops a few farmers started growing apples and formed an association which has really boosted agro-tourism.  Rhone got to pick apples right off the tree after he got a lesson in proper picking.  Sylvie was eating, so I missed the lesson, but Rhone was quick to tell me that you twist the apple 3 times and then pull up.  He was right, they come right off the tree that way.  We had some yummy apple treats there, and took plenty of apples home with us.





We made a coast to coast dessert with apples from Nor Cal and crisp from Fifer Farms in Delaware.  How fun!  Thanks to our friends for sending it!

2 comments:

Christensen family said...

Apple Hill is so much fun. I wanted to take the kids there this year but we didn't get to it yet. I went last year with some friends.

Liz said...

What a cool trip!!!