There were no TLF's (that's temporary living facilities- sorta like apartments for you non-military folks) available for us. So we racked up some Hilton points at a hotel just outside of Sacramento. It was supposed to be just a few days, but delays with the current tenants in the house and then the busy moving company pushed things back. Living in a hotel leads one to do some crazy things. Ben gave Rhone a hair cut-with scissors. It was quite the style- haha. We bought bath crayons and let Rhone play his little heart out in the shower. We paid our 1st months rent, deposit, and pet deposit in cash from an ATM in the hotel lobby. That my friends is a LOT of $20s. I definitely looked like something shady was going down. We did some shopping for the house and rounded up a fridge from craigslist. There is nothing like moving to remind me that I can do hard things. We wandered around stores to keep ourselves entertained and get out for
a bit. Rhone acted like he had never been in a store before when we
were in REI. He was crazy in there, but he got a cool (old school) bell for his bike
and Sylvie got a fun new sun hat. And of course we swam every. single. day. We didn't want to use up Ben's leave just sitting around in the hotel, so I rounded up some floaties for the kiddos and braved the pool by myself. I am happy to say that everyone is still alive.
| Friday night they had a fun market and live music at the Fountains. Rhone also scored some cotton candy (I think I might be able to get him to do anything for a piece of cotton candy) |
| They are starting to play together. It's been so fun to watch their relationship grow. |
| The infamous hair cut. |
| We had our first in-n-out burgers ever. Dare I say, that they are over hyped? |
| Ben swam into the pool stairs- I tell ya so long in a hotel with 2 kids does make ya crazy. |
| He loves to swim |
| Sun bathin' beauty |
| Rhone wanted in on the photo shoot |
| I am one lucky momma. Seriously even when life is crazy, I am still so blessed and thankful for my kids. |
| Rhone and his shower artwork. Bet they were happy to see us leave. |
2 comments:
Glad you are finally in a home. I must agree In and outs are overrated. The pictures are adorable. You are such a good mom. And it is amazing what you find you can do. And it even feels good once in a while to realize how strong you are. As long as it doesn't go on too long, then it is wearing. Sad I didn't get to see you. Make sure to post Halloween pictures!!!
The joys of moving and waiting for home. I have to agree with the in and out burger. I hope you get a place really soon. If not you'll have to just come stay with me for a while.
Post a Comment