Wednesday, March 21, 2012

She's Here!


Sylvie 5 days old


Sylvie is here!  We couldn't be more excited that she has finally joined our family.  She has been so sweet.  After a very long and tiring pregnancy she decided to arrive pretty quick.  I had high blood pressure at my check up on her due date, so I was sent over to the hospital (for the second time) for labs and blood work.  After a few hours they decided to admit me and induce me.  I spent the night at the hospital by myself so Ben could take care of Rhone.  I started having strong contractions during the night, but didn't get started on the pitocin (that's what "starts" labor) until 7 am the next morning.  Ben made it to the hospital around 8 am and Sylvie was here by 9:40 am.  Ben sure did time that well :)  Rhone is a great big brother.  He is always curious and always wants to help.  I can't believe how much she has changed in a week!



7 lbs 6 oz  and 21.5 inches long

Meeting Mom
Winning over Dad

Sylvie with her birthday kangaroo from Rhone

Rhone meeting Sylvie on her "birth day"




Rhone watching a Winnie the Pooh at the hospital.  He had been talking about watching one since I went to the hospital around 10 weeks.

Getting dressed to come home.


Ready to come home.  She was just over 24 hours when we left the hospital.

Rhone and Sylvie

11 comments:

Christensen family said...

You is so sweet. Congrates.

Kristanne C. Willden said...

Love the pictures. She looks so much like Rhone. They both look like you! I am glad he is being a good brother. I bet he loves it. Hope to see you soon!

Dave said...

So glad she is here and healthy and that you are all together! Congratulations!

Marshall party of 5 said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Glad everyone is healthy and that you got home so quickly.

Marshall party of 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marshall party of 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So sweet!! I have some cloths for you that should fit her this summer. If you want them let me know and I'll bring them up when you bless her. Can't wait to see you all.

The Vickrey's said...

love her...too cute. congrats again. miss you guys and so happy for you all.

Liz said...

What a beautiful, beautiful baby girl. I'm so happy for you and your family!! Rhone makes a very sweet and adoring big brother!

Chance and Beth said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you. She really is Beautiful! You are amazing chillin at the hospital all by yourself while Ben takes care of Rhone! I am very impressed, tough as nails is what you are :) Can't wait to see her soon!!!