Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Parade and Mom's Day





There have been lots of exciting things going on around our house lately. Hopefully I can get caught up and get them all posted. Every May Dover has a celebration. There is a parade, may pole dancing, and a lot of historical demonstrations. We met up with our friends to watch the parade. Then we walked through some of the demonstrations. Rhone had fun with an archeological dig one. We also saw a lady snipping silhouettes by hand- it was quite impressive. To finish the day we headed to an international food festival hosted by one of the churches here. We had some YUMMY food from Africa, Germany, and the Philippines.

Mother's day was nice. Rhone and Ben made me breakfast and dinner. They got me a few exercise things I've been wanting and a cleaning lady to some clean my kitchen and bathroom for me. I am pretty excited for a thorough cleaning that I don't have to do :) All mother's day I just kept thinking that it is amazing that I helped create Rhone. What a miracle. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is quite a bit of work, but he is worth every second of it.


With our bag full of candy after the parade.

Rhone saying, "W-O-W" about the noisy motorcycles.


All the little boys waiting for the parade to start.

Digging for colonial artifacts with Tommy.


Spear fishing in the bay





Rhone helped me open my presents. He got a jump rope too, so I wouldn't have to share mine all the time.

See sometimes he really is my little angel :)

3 comments:

Christensen family said...

Looks like such a fun thing to do. Erik has the same shirt as your little guy in the first picture. We must have good taste.

Kristanne C. Willden said...

You do such fun things with Rhone. He will have so many memories of what a great Mom you are. He is always an angel, isn't he?

The Greenacres said...

I love the picture of you and Rhone on the porch. Very pretty. Man I wish we could do some fun things together.