Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FV part 1: Princeton and Valley Forge

We started our vacation out by heading up to Princeton to visit with Cole. We made a last minute stop to see some of our friends from pilot training at McGuire AFB. I am so glad we did. We met Cole after work for dinner. We walked through campus and downtown and stopped at a fun yogurt bar for dessert. Rhone had a great time. He warmed up to Cole so quickly. Rhone especially loved this silly head scratcher that Cole had (oh and trying to jump on Cole's couch). Next we headed toward Lancaster County, PA. We stopped at Valley Forge on the way. It was really interesting, I can't imagine so many men camping in one place.

Rhone and Cole with their yogurt creations.

Rhone scratching his head.

Little George Washington at Valley Forge.

Rhone and Ben with a muzzle loader. We could touch and pick with one up. When it didn't do anything Rhone informed us that, "it's broken, needs new batteries."

In front of one of the replica cabins at Valley Forge. It must have been one terrible winter.

4 comments:

The Vickrey's said...

Looks like fun! Everyday of course Tyson would still say lets go to rhone's house...anyhow we are glad you guys are back so we can hang out again soon!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you get to see Cole so often. I know he enjoys your visits. I will hopefully make it back there before you guys get stationed some where else.

Dave said...

I'm bummed I missed you guys, but definitely grateful you stopped by. I still haven't even been to Valley Forge... How long till retirement? Hope the rest of the vacation went well!

Kristanne C. Willden said...

Wish we got to see Cole as much as you. Love the battery comment. I like that head scratcher too. It really is quite nice. Even if it looks funny.