We purposely choose fall to visit Idaho every year so we can spend time doing one of our great family traditions- hunting. I grew up going bird hunting with my dad and brother every year. I wouldn't trade any of the moments spent freezing in water up to my thighs waiting for ducks, or dripping with sweat as I climbed up a rocky ridge looking for chukars for anything. Every year we renew our love of the great out doors and our family by hunting in Idaho, and of course Rhone comes too.
This year Ben added deer hunting to the trip. It has been years (since we actually lived in Idaho) since he has been big game hunting. Ben, my dad, and brother all filled their tags opening morning. There were two 4 points and one 3 x 4. Then followed 3 days of cleaning, cutting, marinating, and smoking meat. We made some delicious deer jerky, but it was a LOT of work. I will stick to my bird hunting, all the enjoyment and a lot less work.
Ben sent this photo to my phone.A special thanks goes out to my Dad for being an amazing guide!
4 comments:
Wow! You guys are serious hunters!! I love the picture of you with your gun. So cool!
I love it! So glad you got to help butcher a deer. I always loved doing that for some reason. But I will give you credit for showing up at the hunt after the animals were gutted!
This looks like a ton of fun. I won't show Steve this one, he will just be very very jealous! I am missing you guys a ton right now. It has been too long. Next time you are going to be home let me know, I am going to do everything I can to get over there so we can see everyone!! It stinks that we all have to grow up and our families get so big we can't just all hang out the way we did when we were kids.
I about died laughing when I saw the sage grouse picks. If only everyone knew.....
Post a Comment