Monday, August 3, 2009

Rehoboth Beach

Friday we decided to head to the beach for a much needed break from our hotel room and our recent real estate endeavors. Rehoboth beach has a board walk, shopping, and lots of other touristy things, but we just stuck to the beach for this trip. We were only there a few hours, but the drive wasn't bad and it was certainly worth the trip for the sun and the people watching. We even saw some dolphins swimming around. Next time I think we'll try out one of the beaches at the state parks because we hear they are less crowded. Come and visit and we'll take you to the beach!

Align CenterOf course we had Rhone sun screened up and sitting on the beach towel under our umbrella, but of course Rhone loved, loved, loved the sand and did a face dive right into it. He didn't cry even with all that sand so close to his eyes. We ended up skipping the swim shirt since we didn't think the sand under it would feel very good.

Watching the waves- Rhone wasn't so sure about them.

Hanging out with Dad (notice they both have a farmer's tan)

Staying shaded up

We had sand everywhere.

I mean everywhere :)

4 comments:

Kristanne said...

How cute - love the piggy bank!! I bet he was sandy. Charlene said he had a wonderful time in it.

Dave said...

I used to go to that beach when I was a kid - my Dad was stationed in DC for about 5 years and we lived in N. VA. We also went to Bethany Beach, I think there was a little Guard base there where you could rent a mobile home just across the board walk from the ocean. Good luck in the house search!

The Greenacres said...

Ooooh lots of sand, I laughed out loud.

Liz said...

I went to this beach a few times growing up, and we stopped here on our honeymoon! It's beautitiful!It was one of the closest beaches to our house in Northern VA, besides Ocean City. Definately avoid Ocean City if you hate crowds. It's hardly even worth the visit, it's so consistantly crowded. I agree with you, the state parks are better. Who needs trashy boardwalks, and the people who come with them?!! Btw- Merrylee agrees with Rhone about the sand. It's both fun and tasty!